Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Blew it up a few weeks ago. Been tearing down since then. Finally got to the problem. Melted a rod bearing to the connecting rod. Lolzz.
Welp. I'll post pics of her up and running as soon as I slap it all back together.

image-3126325630.jpg

image-810030331.jpg

image-786573704.jpg

image-3176004807.jpg

image-376351526.jpg

image-3054541043.jpg

image-431729577.jpg

image-2899884904.jpg

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Big Kaw said:
Blew it up a few weeks ago. Been tearing down since then. Finally got to the problem. Melted a rod bearing to the connecting rod. Lolzz.
Welp. I'll post pics of her up and running as soon as I slap it all back together.
Erm .....ouch!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. I also had to buy a new helmet. Bc when it started knocking, I got off and threw the helmet onto the concrete. Lol.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Big Kaw said:
Yes. I also had to buy a new helmet. Bc when it started knocking, I got off and threw the helmet onto the concrete. Lol.
Haha brilliant (sorry)think I'd do the same to be fair !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everyone was telling me to sell my motor and put on a 2012. But with all the work I've done to my bike, I couldn't let it go. They kept telling me iron doesn't cry and it won't miss me. But it was the other way around. I'd be selling my soul if I sold that motor. Lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Big Kaw said:
Waiting for my rod bearings and gasket kits to come in to put her back together.
Fair play to you mate, most people would off binned the engine and bought second hand, at least you know when you finish it, the motor will be as sweet as a nut. I know of people who put other motors in, and within 2 weeks they are complaining. How did you manage to pop the motor anyway? P.s the bike looks mint.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spun a rod bearing on a 9.3 run at 155 at the track. As soon as I slowed down I heard the ticking. And shut it off. Pushed it to the pit and put it on the trailer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah that shit ain't ever fun blew up my first bike was a gsxr750 but had no love for it n just knocked it off n got a new one, but couldn't do that to my new one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts