Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Honestly I never used 6th in the STI. On the 5 speed 3rd is stronger for sure. nor did I ever use all the STI power so I will notice no difference... I am sure. There is no lag for the turbo, spot on fast and it is Pipey as hell fun!:dance: No Brembo brakes but as our subie guys told us today good thing I traded in before the cost of a brake job on the Brembo's at the dealer is over 2K . I doubt I will be hitting it so hard to know the difference.
Summer tires- so ouch gotta save for the winter. but my last tires were the Toyo proxe 4 I love them.

TR what is your take on the 5 speed?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 5 speed on the WRX seems to do the job quite nicely. I agree, 6th gear in the STI rarely got used. We just don't have many places where you can drive for long periods of time at 70+ mph. My impression was the fun is in no way compromised due to one less gear, if anything it just got simpler. But charging through the gears is still a rush !

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I thought you guys had a White Sti too??

Am I losing my mind?
They traded in the STi in on this! Keep up Delta!!!!:flowers:

Hey, where the hell have you been anyway??!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Why did you downgrade? (variable to perspective)

Things like brake jobs can be done yourself, if maintenance was your reason? Gas Mileage?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm loving your new ride! but you already had the STi! haha

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
220 lower monthly payment .. do the math cha ching!! :)The Wrx is still screaming fun in itself. I am not rallying, bah, I am driving to work . Not wrentching my own if I am paying the big payments. Had enough fix it myself cars . I am old

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Awesome car guys! Yes, we certainly did enjoy those rides! I'm sure this one is just as much fun.... :D Mo monies for bikes and other toys now, yea?

More money to pay bills till housing starts selling well again. dang it. :/ I also want to buy a trailer.
I don't want to get a part time job. Then I am not able to answer the phone. My whole business is based on amazing customer service.

The STI will go to some kid ( at heart ) and make someone so happy like it did me :) the Wrx is amazing fun. Only thing I notice is Barely not as stiff suspension. Braking is amazing and since I am not aiming for 140 mph then 80 is just fine :) picks right up off the line. Most would pee themselves for just a WRX so I decided the STi was over kill and over expensive. but loved the 2 years I had it. 2 years from now I might go back who knows.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
They traded in the STi in on this! Keep up Delta!!!!:flowers:

Hey, where the hell have you been anyway??!!
Sorry Sorry!

I've been working Full Time, School Full Time, Dealing with A-holes at school Full Time, Getting ready for CPAT, redoing my Resume', trying not to flipp out over money, colture shocked at school, studying all the time, so basically just STRESSED!!!! :facepalm: Haven't Slept in like 2 - 3 weeks. :dance::facepalm::dance:

And I'm having a hard time remembering my name right now.....:facepalm:

Sorry for the Threadjack Z!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.