Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this posted already, but hes moving it to "off topic" because the beggining of the post just said I ordered the parts, but if he would have looked down further he would have seen that I had pictures of it installed on the bike. So since the original is getting moved, heres the exact same thing again but this time at the start of the post.

Installed the pipe this weekend. Sounds great, so much better then the stock one, and alot lighter too. Install was simple as you would imagine. Only thing that was not "bolt-on" was when you needed to drill a hole in the stock header pipe to install a rivet that keeps the slip-on from rotating side to side after you install the clamp. They send an optional volume reducing insert for it, which I did not put in, so it is pretty loud all the time which I am happy with. The dynojet kit I ordered wont be in til tomorrow, so after I get that installed I will get a video up. But here are some pics for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks good and it's refreshing to see that you didn't get a carbon fibre exhaust like so many others would (including me to be honest).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too would have gotten carbon fiber, but for the yoshimura pipes that costs an extra $120 which I think is rediculously too much. Like most people, I want to upgrade eventually, and did not see the value in putting $120 extra on it just to have a carbon fiber pipe. I just wanted the sound to be better, which it is great. Im picking up the jet kit at lunch, and dropping the bike off to have them done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What does the yosh factory say about rejetting? I talked to several of my mechanic buddies that work at the Kawi dealership and they said that most of the time it's not even necessary and at the most they will put the 98 jets on it. What does it say in the instructions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what they say:

Yoshimura highly recommends jetting with an exhaust modification on this motorcycle for both the slip-on and full-system exhausts. Dynojet Jet Kit PN: 2193.

I installed the slip-on this weekend, and did some driving around with out the jet kit installed and everything seemed to be just fine. I didnt have any issues with backfiring or any sluggish parts in the powerband. If I didnt order the jet kit with the exhaust, I dont know that I would have afterwards. But since I already have it, I am getting it installed, and I will let you know if I can tell much of a difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm hanging on for updates also.
I have been shopping hard for a slip on. I have all but bought the yoshi carbon. I think it will look best on my black bike. I just have concerns about jetting & such. Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got the bike back this afternoon, from getting it jetted. I didn't drive it much after I put the pipe on, and before I did the jet kit, but when I did I had some problems. It backfired twice when starting up, and was sputtery a little but when trying to hold constant throttle at constant speed. When I got the Dynojet kit installed, it fixed that no problem. I just took it out for a 20 or 30 mile loop and it ran beautifully. Sounds great, good throttle response, no issues at all. Zero260, I would go ahead and buy that pipe but you NEED the jetting done for it to run right. Im very very happy with the way it came out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Excellent!! ....except for one thing

now you have me thinking about the Stainless.

AAaahhh
I can't even decide which color rim stripes I like best, how can I ever choose a between these Yoshi cans ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.