Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I recently bought a new helmet and of course as usual it came with only a clear visor/shield. I need something to block the sun of course. My old helmet had the smoked mirror/tinted type visor.

Instead of just buying a tinted type visor I was thinking of other options - particularly since I would run into the trouble at nighttime of only having a tinted visor on and if I lifted it up, risking lovely bugs flying towards me and into my face! LOL! :)

One guy I talked to said that the yellow tinted visor work perfect for both. He said it makes it still easy to see at night with it down (seems obvious to me), but also keeps the sun out during the day. Does anyone know if that's true? I've seen them online, but hesitate to buy one because to me it doesn't seem like that would keep the sun out of your eyes during the day. Does it? He swore it did, but without trying it I'm kinda skeptical and was hoping others had tried, or knew? I'd like something you can use day and night because obviously switching visors is not something you can do on the fly! ;)

Anyone know if this is a good idea?? Thanks for the help!!

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
While I haven't tried a yellow visor, I have tried yellow tinted sunglasses, however they work best on overcast days. Never tried it in full sun. They do cut out the glare, and they also seem to make things clearer in someway. Makes some things "pop" if that is understandable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.