Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, some of you know what has happened recently, Wifey ordered a new car on the 15th oh November, and the car has only just landed!

We took delivery of the new car on Friday night at about 5pm, went for a drive which included calling in on my parents to show it off, and returned home. Following morning we decided to go for a drive to Launceston, a good 2hr drive away to help break in the car, but we needed fuel.......

Yeah, ok I screwed up!!!:mad: Before those that know the story start telling everyone, I put unleaded fuel into a brand new, less than 24hrs old Hyundai Ix35 Turbo Diesel SUV!!!!

OK, you can stop laughing now........No seriously!.......For F**ks sake! Stop Laughing!!!!!;D;D;D;D

OK, to take your mind off things, here are some pics!!

OK, carry on laughing!!!

Flame on!!;D

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I put unleaded fuel into a brand new, less than 24hrs old Hyundai Ix35 Turbo

Hahahaha!!! It never gets old man!

Digging the 4 wheels. See what was happening was your conscience was telling you, that you should've bought a good gasoline fed vehicle instead of a *gulp* diesel ;D

It looks good man, glad its fixed and I'm glad you gave us more "fuel" to throw on the never ending Zandit fire hehe.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Felix, it only has 160kms on it, so there is not much to tell!!
Fit and finish is great, but there is a rattle in around the dash somewhere that will be getting fixed at the complimentary first service in a couple of weeks.
Apart from that little niggle, it's good, much quieter than the Lancer that it replaced. Takes a little getting used to the initial lag of the turbo, but once over 2k rpms, the thing just wants to fly!! Excellent rolling acceleration and effortless.
One other gripe, my phone wont connect via Bluetooth, which is very annoying, except I wont be driving it most of the time so thats something I will just have to deal with!!

Virt, I aim to please and as the sites local punching bag, then I'm glad I have ensured my future here!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha!! No I put about 15-20 litres in, so was lucky! Once Wifey told me what I was doing wrong I freaked out pretty bad, and didn't know what to do!! We moved the car over to the car park and waited for the towtruck. $637.80AUD later($225 of which was the towing bill), we have the car back in the driveway!!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Haha!! No I put about 15-20 litres in, so was lucky! Once Wifey told me what I was doing wrong I freaked out pretty bad, and didn't know what to do!! We moved the car over to the car park and waited for the towtruck. $637.80AUD later($225 of which was the towing bill), we have the car back in the driveway!!
yeh lucky then! did you keep the pertol to put in your bike?!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Like the new vehicle ! Good choice of color too. Too bad about the fuel thing. :eek: Don't see much diesel action over here, so chances are we would have made the same mistake, just done it the other way around :p Enjoy and warp speed at all times !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.