Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my bike hits like 9krpm it makes this wierd noise, ive only hit 9k like 3 times not on purpose (getting on the highway, pasing cars) but when it gets their is makes a wierd high pitched noise it sounds like if a loose bearing where rolling or something im not to sure how to explain it, but i wanted to know if you guys knew what it was or had any ideas..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you listen close enough it will make a new weird sound all the time it seems. Give us a little more to go on.
What gear are you in when you hear it?
Does it sound like metal or plastic?
Have you tried touching the windscreen or clutch lever when it happens?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it sound more like keys jingling? My 08 makes this noise between 8-9 1/2 Rpm's and goes away instantly above or below those Rpm's. It's more annoying than anything.
yeah thats a good way to describe it!
anyone know what it could be?
and blue ghost, it does it in any gear as soon as it hits 9k and it sounds like metal for sure

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Thats just the sound of the lil Ninja bumping against the sound barrier, Nothing to worry about!!! :p

Sorry I'm not much help with this one, Wifeys Ninja has such a loud exhaust, you can't hear anything else!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
good suggestions so far! Definitely check on the keys on your keychain - that's an easy elimination as well.... Next try the putting pressure on the winscreen, and the fairings around it, and then the clutch lever as well... I hunted down sounds coming from engine vibes manifesting in all those locations.... Currently hunting one underneath the gas tank... lol, depending on how much you take your ninja apart, you kind of sabotage yourself a lot by reseating a lot of fairings and such....

Buddy of mine with a 2008 ZX-6R had this horrendous squeal at 10Krpm which sounded like one of those buzzers in cars which come on when you leave the door open, or don't put your seat belt on... Turns out it was his windshield being hit my a harmonic from the engine, and 2 turns in on one of his windhsield bolts and it went away... :D It could be anything, so just start playing the elimination game.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Damn spooph I didn't even think about it. My windscreen was making a buzzing when I first bought the bike at around 80mph.... I removed it then ran a bead of silicon adhesive down the thing and put it back on, let it cure and whala fixed.

I forgot about that little buzzing noise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.