Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I paid 16000 Baht(around 500 us$) for the set.Not cheap.Do check with your local YSS dealer.
Here are the content when shipped.Not shown are two wrenches to adjust preload.Sorry,forgot.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yes there are big differrences.The sdt shocks is on the stiff side when driving alone.With two riders it's ok.When all the settings is set to minimum the YSS is like sitting in a MB.But set to maximum it's like driving in a bulldozer.
Bound setting:That's the black dial on lower end of shock.It's a 60 clicks ratches dialer to set the bound or compression between 0-100%.

Rebound setting:That's the small dialer on top(left on pic)on the subtank.It's a 16 clicks ratches dialer to set the rebound or extention rate between 0-100%.

When driving alone in town or on streight road I prefer to put everything to minimum for soft and comfortable ride.When driving hard on track and twisty road I adjust bound to 50% and rebound to 30%.
With a pax bound 70% and rebound 40%.Both on streight and curves.
Leave the preload on factory setting.

eric we can tell urs is on the middle.. u can tell the difference on the wider tire lol
also the other two bikes are stock as far as i can tell.

blue ghost u are getting some where with the 18" .. input eric.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Blue Ghost said:
Eric,
Has anyone that you know of, used the rim from the Balius on the 250?
What about the 18" rim w/ 140/60 tires from the ZXR250?
When I started this project I was planning on putting a BALIUS rim on my bike.It's a perfect replacement.No modification needed.But after shopping around for a couple of month I gave up.A BALIUS rim is very hard to come by here.There are only few of this bike available.Rim only next to nill.ZXR250 is none existance.So no info here.

johnr6 said:
eric sorry to sound rude but if you did hehe what would you charge for the full conversion to fit ect ?

very interested in this to finish my bike
I did charge 3000 Baht each(less then 100$)for my time.Because most of the rider are friends,the cost is minimal.I did it more or less for the fun of it.The modification takes about 10hrs to finish.
The owner pays of the parts and tire sellected realtime.The cost for labor and parts will come to about 20,000฿(580$).Answered?

hi-tech said:
eric we can tell urs is on the middle.. u can tell the difference on the wider tire lol
also the other two bikes are stock as far as i can tell.

blue ghost u are getting some where with the 18" .. input eric.
Actually hi-tech,the tire on the left bike is the same size as mine.It's a Pirelli DIABRO 150/60-17(mine BATTLAX BT090).But the DIABRO has a width of 150mm where as the BT 160mm.Why?Beats me.
Yes,the other two are stock,kind of.You know the FI do come with two sets of catalitic converters buried in the exhaust system.One in the header pipe,the other in entry side of the muffler.I removed them from both and many other bikes.Shame on me.What the heck.Removing them make a big dif in mid and high end.

Cat in muffler

Cat in header

Eric, Great info! I am going to get the Bridgestone Battlax BT016 150/60 17 and the 120 for the front. I know this pinches the tire on the rim, however there isn't much choice in a multi compound tire in the 140 range. What is your suggestion on this?

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Red Dragon said:
Eric, Great info! I am going to get the Bridgestone Battlax BT016 150/60 17 and the 120 for the front. I know this pinches the tire on the rim, however there isn't much choice in a multi compound tire in the 140 range. What is your suggestion on this?
I'm not quite sure here if you'll ever totally benefit from BT016 150/60-17 rear and 120 front on std rim.You see this tire is a three compound tire.Hard in the middle,medium on sides and soft on corners.If you put them on std rim the corners will be folded in so much that you will never be able to put the soft corners on the road.So what the use?A two compound tires will be more efficient and cheaper.Just my thought.

Red Dragon said:
Hey guys I found one, the Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 check this out: http://www.ridedirect.com/showProduct.php?id=298
Has anyone used or know of anybody that used this tire?
The BT-45 is an old tech bias ply tire.

If you want to maximize your bike's handling, don't go to bigger tires front/back; rather, go to RADIAL tires.

Find a good radial 110/70 for the front, and a radial 130/60 or 130/70 front and use it as a rear.

Bigger is NOT better. in fact, anything bigger than a 110 on the front or 130 on the rear is going to degrade the bike's handling.

This is what the bike can do with radials:

08 Ninja 250r - As Fast As It'll Go!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.