Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be posting A) My bike B) My mods and C) My future mods, as well as a few inspirational pictures :) This seems to be the only forum where 250R modifications are applauded and not looked down on which I'm glad about, wont be any annoying trolls constantly saying "WHY WASTE MONEY ON A 250? WAIT TILL YOU GET A REAL BIKE!" Haha :D

Proposed modifications
- Removing pillion pegs and adding the exhaust hanger
- Possibly switch my chrome Yoshimura pipe for a carbon one
- Lowering the front/back to achieve a look like the ZX10R below
- Considering a digital dash with speedometer etc
- Painting the heat guard flat black

Current modifications
- Seat cowl
- Yoshimura Pipe
- TARGA Fender Eliminator (Just have to install)
- Red Rim Stickers (Just have to install)

Here is my bike:

Inspirational bikes:

Comments and suggestions welcome :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Your bike looks really nice. I'd have to agree about the pipe I think a carbon one would look better.

Darkhorse started a good thread on the digital speedo he put on his bike - it looks really nice. You should check it out.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes it is nice here without the negative input we have a great group. :)
thanks for posting and be sure to show us the results.!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red Dragon said:
Good wish list. Hey if you want to sell your Yoshi, for the right price I may take it off your hands.
I'd consider it if you were in Australia mate :D (With our dollar being low it'd be MUCH cheaper to buy in USA - thats where I'll order my carbon pipe from too)

Jester said:
Your bike looks really nice. I'd have to agree about the pipe I think a carbon one would look better.

Darkhorse started a good thread on the digital speedo he put on his bike - it looks really nice. You should check it out.
Yep saw his, hes already offered to help out with a diagram of the wiring if I do go for it :)

zartan said:
Yes it is nice here without the negative input we have a great group. :)
thanks for posting and be sure to show us the results.!
Thanks for the PM - was planning on ordering from you btw, will put my order in soon :D

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Cool , look forward to it. Fyi I just took 8 dollars us off the international shipping to match the US shipping special through Jan and maybe will do Feb also not sure.
Trying to help where I can. But you need to order from my direct site because the ebay site charges way too much. :)

Man you guys pay alot for the yoshi there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep will do, made sure I bookmarked the page :D Might put an order through tonight actually. And yeah we do, things here get incredibly expensive compared to the states.
Think we end up paying about $1200 for a Yoshi carbon slip on and maybe $999 for the chrome one. Jackets are $600-$1k+, Helmets $300+ but I think alot of us try order online from USA when we can :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think compared to the states everything is but our wages are also alot higher too, I heard some people can get $5 an hour in Walmart there while here if you were to work in a similar shop as an adult you'd be on atleast $12 an hour+

Living in one of the most expensive cities doesnt help either haha :( (Sydney)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Great mods dude, no worries on any negative input from people we're a good crowd plus stockwall will use his iron hammer lol.

Bike is looking great bro, cant wait to see the final piece if there is any! You can mod these until they look like one of crushcambers photoshop masterpieces!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You start to feel like you shouldnt be modding your own bike when: You stuff up your own rim sticker :( LOL .. NFI how I did it but it didnt look as well as I thought, might have to get someone else to help me put them on.

Thanks for the input guys will post up more pictures when I get some changes going

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well live and learn right? haha :D

I've been brain storming a bit and considering respraying my bike flat black - what do you guys think?
Then even maybe spray my rims a red/maroon or gold ..

Unfortunately professionals charge about $2k here for that so I'm trying to find someone who'll do a "DIY" job for me

·
Registered
21 Posts
ROCKNROLLA said:
wont be any annoying trolls constantly saying "WHY WASTE MONEY ON A 250? WAIT TILL YOU GET A REAL BIKE!" Haha :D

Proposed modifications
- Removing pillion pegs and adding the exhaust hanger
- Possibly switch my chrome Yoshimura pipe for a carbon one
- Lowering the front/back to achieve a look like the ZX10R below
- Considering a digital dash with speedometer etc
- Painting the heat guard flat black

Current modifications
- Seat cowl
- Yoshimura Pipe
- TARGA Fender Eliminator (Just have to install)
- Red Rim Stickers (Just have to install)

Comments and suggestions welcome :)
I think that there is a common misconception of less mature riders to think that bigger is better. Who determines what a "real bike" is? As in all sports many can play but few have the confidence to use everything at their disposal. This becomes most evident in the motorsports segment. Many people feel races are won by who has the most horsepower. That is not true at all. Races are won by confidence not balls and horsepower. Balls typically display stupidity. Confidence is invoked by prepping a machine to respond as you would respond. Therefore a good rider pushes the bike not the bike pushing the rider.

If you feel that the 250 is the right bike for you and it inspires confidence while riding it, then there is no better bike for you. The cosmetic features that you are looking to add will inspire the love for the bike that you have but also increase your knowledge and bond with the bike.

Some might tell you that you will never get your money back out of a 250 with a ton of mods. No you won't, but if you had a R1 or ZX10 for a year with $2k in mods and your Ninja for a year with $2k in mods who would lose more? It’s simple, the percentages would prove that more money would be lost based on the percentage of the purchase price and the clear answer would be the ZX10.
The only side note that I would suggest is look at working you suspension if you are going to keep the bike. A properly tuned suspension will give you more joy that any other feature that the bike will have.
Good luck and happy riding down under.
Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well said :D By law here we arent aloud a bike bigger than 250cc for our first year which I'm happy about - I, like many other guys my age most likely would've gone for a bigger bike but I'm very happy with the 250 Ninja, its a perfect fit in regards to size. Even being a 250 it still scares the hell out of me at times so I just make sure I respect it and the road at all times to avoid anything unfortunate. Cosmetic modifications are purely for me, though with the Aust. market I'd say it'd help the re-sell if I ever did decide to sell it but for now just something I can count as a hobby and for a bit of fun - not to mention a very cheap way to get me to work/school etc :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
ROCKNROLLA said:
Well live and learn right? haha :D

I've been brain storming a bit and considering respraying my bike flat black - what do you guys think?
Then even maybe spray my rims a red/maroon or gold ..

Unfortunately professionals charge about $2k here for that so I'm trying to find someone who'll do a "DIY" job for me
One suggestion for ya RNR: Look into having someone media-blast the paint off the plastics. The plastics are all black underneath, and if done correctly, the plastic will get scored from the media and have a lighter finish than a pure black.. It'll almost look smoked.

That's what I intend to do to mine anyways... I'll never have to paint it, even if it gets scratched, because there's no paint to take off, haha! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When are you planning to do it? :D

Heres a new inspirational picture I found .. personally I love it:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts