Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the specs at both bikes...and seems like the pregen will do 0-60 in 5.5-6 range and the new gen like 7.5-8secs that is a huge margin. also in the quarter its like a full second faster which is huge.

My question why is it so much faster? Gearing? Seems like it makes the same horsepower give or take a few, is it the way it is delivered? I wanna make mine as fast as a pregen if I can, and simple enough.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
the New gen is capable of quite a bit more, but is chocked up by the EPA emissions BS.... Which means, with a modified intake, exhaust you can get everything plus more you'd get out of a pregen....

Also, newgen's have a lower red-line, and was initially re-designed to be more livable at lower speeds, so they sacrificed a bit of the top end power for the bottom end torque... You can reverse this to a certain extent...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Pre gen
42 deg timing for pre gen/ New gen has 35 deg
larger valves on the exhaust
Dual exhaust with no converters
15500 RPM red line. The new Ninja makes its power down lower in the rpm range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you...that is exactly the answer i was looking for... the WHY....so basically timing, no exhaust cats, more free flowing exhaust. and higher redline...that explains it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.