Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do bikers always wave at eachother?like my first time out on the road some guy just stuck his arm down beside of his bike?am i supose to do it?is it like a salut to your fellow bike riders?well please let me know?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its the law to wave to another cyclist unless A. They are on a bicycle or scooter. B. You are going in the same direction ( then a head nod is in order) or C. you are on a divided highway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I was riding and a guy across the highway was tapping on the top of his helmet like he was trying to signal something to me. Does anyone know what this means? Are there other motorcycle hand signals that I should know about?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Damn, the only one I knew was where the other guy puts his middle finger up at you, you get pissed off but by the time you get to do anything he's already passed you.

Thanks CSBrad for the Vid!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mordth is one cool son of a gun, check out his new profile too. All good vids and info there.

And that vid does about sum it up.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
davefromidaho said:
Today I was riding and a guy across the highway was tapping on the top of his helmet like he was trying to signal something to me. Does anyone know what this means? Are there other motorcycle hand signals that I should know about?
Just one finger tapping or whole hand? If it was his whole hand it might have meant come over here?

I think the head nod it the way to go, two fingers on the shoulder to me means officer.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yea two down low is the harley wave, or the i'm trying to be as polite as possible while still remaining aerodynamic at 150mph

·
Registered
84 Posts
There was a car full of girls the other day, and I could have sworn that they were signaling me to go back down the road and go down on them. When I got home I realized that I lost a pack of smokes. :-[

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone find it annoying when you wave to a fellow rider and the totally see you but refuse to wave back?

R-E-S-P-E-C-T :D

I like waving to other motorcyclists it builds community. Even though you might not know a person, you feel part of a group!

·
Registered
278 Posts
TICKED OFF
Extend your left arm straight out with your elbow bent 90 degrees. Carefully extend your middle finger to clearly demonstrate your dissatisfaction with the other guy. NOTE: It is not recommended you do this when you are alone.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts