Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting this thread because I always wonder why is it that people who are ride non super sport bikes hate super sports and why is it that people who hate sport bikes love dual-purpose or anything not a super sport. Or why Harley riders are against Hondas, kawasaki, etc Now I understand not everyone does but why is it that people are biased against other motorcycles just because it's not the one that they have. Your Thoughts!!!!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Myself i like duel sport n sport type bikes....
It's the way i ride....
Don't hate cruisers at all, but just prefer the other type ride.
Some cruisers are quite sweet looking..

·
Registered
233 Posts
i hate the super fatass cruisers.. i don't care what brand, what engine displacement, or whether or not you're riding a scooter.. i just hate super fatass cruisers (as well as the people on smaller ones who don't wave) and squids who don't wave back.

why do i hate SFC? (ya i just acronymed that crap.. it should be a thing).. because they think everyone who rides a sportbike is a squid child who is irresponsible and will be dead in the next 6 months as a result of their squidding, and they convey that message by refusing to wave. And they're typically old men. I'd like to point out that people over the age of 40 make up 50 percent of all motorcycle deaths... so F them >.>

i also get disappointed when i see people without helmets, but i don't hate them

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
i hate the super fatass cruisers.. i don't care what brand, what engine displacement, or whether or not you're riding a scooter.. i just hate super fatass cruisers (as well as the people on smaller ones who don't wave) and squids who don't wave back.

why do i hate SFC? (ya i just acronymed that crap.. it should be a thing).. because they think everyone who rides a sportbike is a squid child who is irresponsible and will be dead in the next 6 months as a result of their squidding, and they convey that message by refusing to wave. And they're typically old men. I'd like to point out that people over the age of 40 make up 50 percent of all motorcycle deaths... so F them >.>

i also get disappointed when i see people without helmets, but i don't hate them
Most times I wear my Helmet, Sometimes I don't.
When it's 90 plus degrees It's dam hot, so I may just drive more carefull n wear a bandana..... Ya i know.....
85 n below i try to wear the helmet.....
Gear.......80 is just to dam hot......
Shorts n a T.....
75 n below.....Jacket at least.....
65 n below i'll wear the pants too....
I slow down for corners....chances of gravel here are very common...
Most roads don't have tared break down lanes, so anything driving there will throw gravel on the roads.
Most times i'm the old fart on a Ninja 650 holding up traffic.....LOL
I'm out to enjoy the day not race....
:whistling:
Most the sportbike riders wear helmets, and complain how hot it is....
Most are young n out to play....

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
As Earl pointed out, it mostly comes about in relation to how you ride. If you are after a cruisy style of riding, you are not going to look at sports bikes, and that will skew your opinion towards those bikes as well. The Same thing happens in relation brand.
Personally, I didn't want a cruiser since I find the whole notion of my legs being forward as both stupid and only two wheels away from being in a car. I don't like riding on dirt, so I didn't look at Dual Sports....Plus they were all too tall for my midget sized legs!
Street fighters look good, but I have always loved fairings, and the rest of my decision came down what I wanted to do with the bike, and what I could afford...Hence the Ninja 650R, and hopefully one day, the Ninja 1000.

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zandit said:
As Earl pointed out, it mostly comes about in relation to how you ride. If you are after a cruisy style of riding, you are not going to look at sports bikes, and that will skew your opinion towards those bikes as well. The Same thing happens in relation brand.
Personally, I didn't want a cruiser since I find the whole notion of my legs being forward as both stupid and only two wheels away from being in a car. I don't like riding on dirt, so I didn't look at Dual Sports....Plus they were all too tall for my midget sized legs!
Street fighters look good, but I have always loved fairings, and the rest of my decision came down what I wanted to do with the bike, and what I could afford...Hence the Ninja 650R, and hopefully one day, the Ninja 1000.
Great write up zandit

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
hopefully one day, the Ninja z1000.....4 me....:thumb:...
N i do wrap the noggin....sometimes with just a bandanna hat...tho...
Most times it is a Helmet.
Days i ditch the Helmet i ride slow....give everyone lots of room....
Don't drive on heavily traveled roads....n.....be extra-extra careful...,but ur right...anything can happen.....
Just takes a cat to run out n get into ur tire.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAjJ-g0UDw

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Maybe when one gets into motorcycling they are brainwashed by those who taught them. They never really had a good role model- one who teaches about 'motorcycling' rather than ' type' of motorcycling.

It's all wasted energy. I be waving to scooters and bicyclist. 2 wheels is 2 wheels. The. Again, we are living in this world.

:NefRider:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I picked a sport bike cause I've always loved the sleek look n style. The fact that u can be so interactive with it, being apart of it. They look fast just sitting still. I chose a 400 cause I felt it was right for me and my newbie skills.
Not crazy about choppers, but some cruisers are nice lookin , maybe when I'm old like earl ill get one or even a spyder. Would love to get a dirt bike, it's fun to give er shit on the trails.
It's my second year riding the street, love it. A big part of the fun is maintaining it, it's relaxing cleaning it, changing the oil ect.
Wait ! What was the question ?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
To me a bike is a bike, we r all doing the same thing. Two wheels, an engine,the open road n the freedom.
And I've learned one important thing over the years, if u don't like me, u don't know me, so **** u ! ( not directed at anyone here)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
indyjoe7 said:
To me a bike is a bike, we r all doing the same thing. Two wheels, an engine,the open road n the freedom.
And I've learned one important thing over the years, if u don't like me, u don't know me, so **** u ! ( not directed at anyone here)
True ! We are all riding at the end of the day.

I think SS are sexy as hell. But I am leaning towards Naked/Street fighter for the next Moto. If I could have thread motos: naked. SS and a cruiser.

:NefRider:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I picked a sport bike cause I've always loved the sleek look n style. The fact that u can be so interactive with it, being apart of it. They look fast just sitting still. I chose a 400 cause I felt it was right for me and my newbie skills.
Not crazy about choppers, but some cruisers are nice lookin , maybe when I'm old like earl ill get one or even a spyder. Would love to get a dirt bike, it's fun to give er shit on the trails.
It's my second year riding the street, love it. A big part of the fun is maintaining it, it's relaxing cleaning it, changing the oil ect.
Wait ! What was the question ?
The question was........
OOOooo...crap.....
I'm old n i fergot....
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wished they did make a decent knobby for my bike....:thumb:
Now that'd be some fun shit right there.....
Cranking up some nice scenic dirt roads on a 650 ninja....:thumb:
But there ain't any down here, so ffff it i guess.....
:facepalm:
I'll stick with roads with potholes n cracks n frost heavves...even tho it's summer now , etc 4 now...:eek:
Rain again.....what's up with this weather......?
Rained 3 weeks in June....Nnnn....Here it's July n still rainin....
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

·
Registered
531 Posts
It's just a fact of human behavior. We're all going to like or dislike something for one reason or another, but to take this to an extreme... does someone having the exact same bike mean i have to like them automatically?

·
Registered
56 Posts

Watch that over 40 bs!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.