Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blinker relay is buzzing like fucking crazy every time I turn the key to on. Doesn't matter if the blink switch is on or off.
It continues to buzz even after disconnecting the blinker lights at the quick connects.

Bulbs are all good, so are the fuses and rear wires up to the fuse box. So know that there is zero chance of a short after the box to the tail lights.

I think the relay is heat activated/controlled (bi-metal strip), and already tried a new one and she still buzzes like crazy.

View attachment Ninja_250_Wiring_Schematic_Rev2.pdf
^^ PDF wiring diagram^^

There has to be a short somewhere before the fuse box. I think its the switch on the left handle... the guy I bought it off of tied it down on that handle when I tailored it home.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
That's the first time I have heard of that issue Diddy, hopefully someone has come across it before and can help.

Good luck with it!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bud Johny Moe figured it out for me.
When the guy tied the bike down in the trailer the strap was so tight on the clutch lever that it rotated it all the way down. The actual clutch cable pinched the blinker wiring causing the short...

Its not always what you know but who you know... all it cost me was a six pack. Well deserved after considering the local shop charges $80 an hour.

If any of you guys have an issue with your wiring let me know... Johny gave me an hour lesson on the whole diagram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.