Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got around to doing my first mod to my new 250, and it kind of snowballed into a bunch at once. It started with Pro-Bolts blue bolts, then painting the windscreen black, Projekt D fender eliminator, BikeMonkey smoked out integrated taillight, and a Spooph inspired copycat mod.

The pro-bolts aren't finished yet, but the taillight and fender eliminator are installed, and the Spooph mod is coming along nicely.

More pics to come as they are completed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE!

Wow, what a day. Had a small panic attack at the beginning and also had an amazing end to the day. On with the pics!

Painted windscreen installed! It's not perfect, there are a few spots where I didn't cut enough of the painting tape off so it made for funky borders and it peeled off a small portion on the top left corner. I still think it looks freakin amazing! Also note the blue pro-bolts installed too.

More pro-bolts installed:

While I was working, I remembered lots of people taking off the ugly orange reflectors and replacing them with the red ones. So I went ahead and did that too.

And last but not least, a sneak peek at the new custom turn signals. The fairings aren't re-installed because I ran out of electrical tape, and I don't want to have connections hanging loose since I already blew a fuse that way.

DSCN2742 - YouTube

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks great, where did you get the bolts from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bolts are from Pro-Bolt. Google 'em and you should be able to find them. I love the way they look, but I have to figure out where the rest go, I seem to have extras left over haha.

Spooph, thanks! Turn signals are finished and all installed again.

Tail light video.AVI - YouTube

I will have to wait to get a good video in direct sunlight. I have one, but for some reason the camera cut out all of the light from the led's. It looked much more dim in the video than it is in real life, and I don't want to have people think that it's as unnoticeable as it seemed in that video.

Personally, I think that these LED's combined with the LED tail light are at least as noticeable as the stock lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fantastic! Looks great! Well done! How did you wire the LED's up? Were they the pre-wired 12V units?
I followed your write-up almost exactly, other than the layout of the LED's themselves. They are the pre-wired 12v ones, and they worked great! I used almost all 50 of them for the turn signals, and plan to add 50 more this winter as a second brake light under the tail (similar to Vex's LED strips).

Here is a video of the lights in direct sunlight. Custom turn signals on my 2009 Ninja 250r - YouTube

Funny thing is that the first video focused more on the sunlight and dimmed the LED's, and this video focused more on the LED's and dimmed the sunlight. I can't quite get it just right, but this is very close to how bright it is in real life!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.