Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember getting on my ninja for the first time.. makes me smile just thinking of it. I knew from the moment i took the 250r on the streets that there was no way in hell that i'll ever have a fat ol' cruiser as my primary bike. The look.. the handling.. the speed... everything about sportbikes is super fun and "too cool for school."

Hell.. i even remember laughing with the salesman at the dealership about this fat ass touring bike that required a powered centerstand to get it up. The sheer size of cruisers and big bikes is a massive turn off. Even those liter bikes look a little too big.

but ya... does anyone who currently only has a sportbike think they'll ever take a cruiser over the sportster?

and can someone tell me what it's like to ride a liter-bike over a 650/250/600cc supersport? What's the point of ever going higher than a 650? my understanding is that it's more power than you'll probably ever need... especially if it's a supersport

·
Registered
22 Posts
1000cc bikes people have for touring to other countries and track days, you can go on a smaller bike but some countries have less road restrictions so more fun. Can't really take a 250r on a track day if you are looking to get better you'll want a better bike too.

Cruiser I think I'll get once I get fed up with the lean forward riding position or if I hit my 40s and don't ride as much :/

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
1000cc bikes people have for touring to other countries and track days, you can go on a smaller bike but some countries have less road restrictions so more fun. Can't really take a 250r on a track day if you are looking to get better you'll want a better bike too.

Cruiser I think I'll get once I get fed up with the lean forward riding position or if I hit my 40s and don't ride as much :/
Maybe when i hit my 50's.........:whistling::whistling:
Ooooo crap hit them years ago......:facepalm::facepalm:
That's kinda why i went 650 sport......
Still sporty, but upright sitting n easier on this ol body.....
I'll do some research on liter bikes later......
See what they offer for higher ape bars for them before i get one....
If i can get the same sort of sitting position as i have on the 650 sport....I'd be quite comfy........
And i'd have that extra power i want so much.......
I'd like to have that for the much less effort to pull away from them assholes driving Harleys that think their really something.....
Ahhhhh.... asshole.... were all just out for a nice ride......Dumbass...:whistling::whistling:
Here's ur fckin sign.....
Cya ur ass down the road.......
Wheres them roofing nails i brought with me....LOL....:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
A casket will be my Cruiser..........:thumb:
OOooooo fergot.......:eek:
Ima gunna get cooked......n....tossed out the window going over a bridge......:dance::dance:
So u boaters better watch out below.....:facepalm::facepalm:

·
Registered
630 Posts
After sitting on more cruisers today, I hate cruisers now more than ever.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd hafta make a cruiser out of a sportbike somehow if i was gunna go that route...:facepalm::facepalm:
Just gotta keep the sportbike engine somehow......
heh.. if you had that kind of gogo power in a cruiser.. you'd slide right off the back. i think that's the whole reason that sport-bikes are designed with the forward leaning posture in mind

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maybe when i hit my 50's.........:whistling::whistling:
Ooooo crap hit them years ago......:facepalm::facepalm:
That's kinda why i went 650 sport......
Still sporty, but upright sitting n easier on this ol body.....
I'll do some research on liter bikes later......
See what they offer for higher ape bars for them before i get one....
If i can get the same sort of sitting position as i have on the 650 sport....I'd be quite comfy........
And i'd have that extra power i want so much.......
I'd like to have that for the much less effort to pull away from them assholes driving Harleys that think their really something.....
Ahhhhh.... asshole.... were all just out for a nice ride......Dumbass...:whistling::whistling:
Here's ur fckin sign.....
Cya ur ass down the road.......
Wheres them roofing nails i brought with me....LOL....:thumb::thumb:
Harley drivers are like truck drivers missing 2 wheels...
they even need outside help to reverse!
nothing like a sports bike... i find my 650 to be just right
comfortable enough for longer rides, but we've got the power when needed...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.