Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a completely noob question; however, with these warm days we have been experiencing I have noticed a very high pitched whining noise coming from my fuel tank at very random times throughout The ride. I know the sound is from pressure inside the tank because as soon as I open it the noise stops completely. It generally last 15-20 while starting her up, then stops for a couple seconds then another ten seconds and does it for nearly a minute after I turn it off. Once I thought I heard it while riding; but, my exhaust is so loud I couldn't be sure that's what I was hearing. Is this a normal ninja thing; or, should I be concerned?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive noticed it with my bike as well after long rides.. it starts to hum. Kinda funny, I dont think its a bad thing. But apparently alot of other kawi riders experience the same thing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I can't hear well, so I'll ask some if my bike does it. What bike is this with?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
The Good Ole Kawasaki Tea Kettle syndrome!
Every Kwakka does it! There are some backyard solutions like drilling the breather holes larger, but I personally don't like the idea of drilling my tank!
Just call it a quirk of the brand!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Good Ole Kawasaki Tea Kettle syndrome!
Every Kwakka does it! There are some backyard solutions like drilling the breather holes larger, but I personally don't like the idea of drilling my tank!
Just call it a quirk of the brand!
Ah okay cool, thanks for the insight.
couldn't of said it better myself.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Well, I'd like to be able to prevent that from happening. If that means posting about weird noises then here we are
Everyday i go for a ride i wonder bout all the weird noises the kawasaki 2 cylinder engines make........
I actually went to my dealer/mechanic today for an inspection....
We do that once a year here for our......
It road safe sticker....LOL
Had him listen to it n take it 4 a ride.....
While i took a 2012 used z1000 to check out.....
Said all was fine, and not to pay any attention to the 2 cylinder noisy engine......It was running great.....
The 650 is very noisy, but is a tough dependable chunka metal he said....LOL....
Now the z1000 being a 4 banger was very smooth running....n....quite peppy.....
Guess i just need earbuds n rock n roll to drown it out......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
23 Posts
Must admit, the whining from the tank can be a pain in the bum if you happen to have to park the bike outside your bedroom window at night... I speak from experience... didn't get a great nights sleep!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts