Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around trying to find a nice slip-on exhaust system for my bike. I feel like a lot of the exhaust systems out there for the 300 have mufflers that are just too big for the size of the bike. I think the smaller/lower mufflers fit the bike better so I have narrowed it down to a few choices; Competition Werks GP exhaust, an MGP Growler or the Brocks Performance VZ9 veloce? What do you guys think? I am really liking the looks of the brocks exhaust in the black finish, does anyone have any experience with the brocks systems?

Competition Werkes: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 GP Exhaust

Brock's Performance: VZ9 Veloce Slip-on System with Electro-Black MufflerNinja 300 | Brock's Main Store

MGP Growler: Kawasaki, 2013-15 Ninja 300, MGP Exhausts, Hotbodies Racing

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you going for looks: Competitionwerks. I doubt you'd get much performance gain out of any of the 3 so it may not need to be a factor.

09 ST3R

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I don't know if anyone has done this mod on a newer 300 yet, but I loved the sound and look of the Suzuki GSX-R 600/750 exhaust mod like I did on my 250R.
It takes some fab work to get it ready, so unless you have someone you know who is good with a welder, perhaps it's out of the equation.

Attachments

·
1,458 Posts
Compwerks looks best but I'll tell you this. This bike will require a fuel change with such a exhaust opening on a little motor 100% of the time. Until u buy a power commander etc don't change the air filter. You will cause the bike to run too lean and it can cause damage to the motor

twisted throttles brings me smiles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't sure about changes to fueling with just a slip-on. If adding a slip-on and air filter will require a power commander and mapping, it may be worth just getting a full system up front and do it right if i'm going to have to buy a power commander anyway. The brock's exhaust i liked is also offered in a full system. They are showing a pretty nice horsepower increase and it sounds like you get the custom mapping free with the exhaust purchase.

·
1,458 Posts
Its a pretty big price jump. Plus your mapping is very generic when u get them like that. However they are a good starting point. If your going to spend money for a full system and air filter they why stop there by not dyno'ing the bike. Thats the downfall with bike stuff. You make one change youll have to make more. Gets expensive. I mean thatll add up to almost 2,000 usd and it still is only a 300. 2000usd plus what you paid for the bike you could have more performance right out the box. Im a buy new only kinda guy though. And have to fix everything up myself right. Its a pain but feel rewarding in the end

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hi ninjazx3r, welcome to the site.
When you have the time, introduce yourself in the new members section.
In regards to your question, I can only vouch for the 250R that your bike replaced.
That topped out at about 160km/h and was limited by the sprockets gearing. By changing the front and rear sprockets, you could possibly get a slightly higher top speed, however at the expense of acceleration.
While there is a slight increase in the power output with the 300R, I doubt there will be much of a difference in the top end speed.
I hoped that answered your question, but if you were after something else, please let me know.

·
1,458 Posts
Should be around 105-115 mph of 160-175km. like he said wont be much of an increase top end but the acceleration to that speed will be slightly better but depends on weight, elevation, grade of surface, and wind resistance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.