Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as promised the pictures and stories of the where my summer has gone. I have been through 2 inspections, 3 different trips, from Aprilish to just a couple of days ago. Mar-Apr time frame I started our first inspection. Plenty of 12-14 hour shifts, work, and all around craziness to go around. After that I can some guy in Libya for the next 2 months to destroy any other chances to get to the track, sleep or otherwise enjoy my family or bike for that matter. I do not recommend personally walking a part to a destination instead of letting logistics taking care of it. It is because the part you carry will most likely look like a bomb you have seen off a movie. You will have to to carry said part with a one-way ticket to a place you cannot speak any of the language and all paperwork that supports that the part is not a bomb is irrelevant. Not only that when after reaching the airport closest to you destination you are greeted by...nobody. In all of its greatness the USAF still at times forgets that you cannot walk a over a hundred miles and leaves you with a suitcase, a suspcious package and with no money. That endevour eventually ended with a taxi ride to the destination at my expense. My bad look was evetually transfered to some poor Lybian Boat. Who knew that a tankbuster was also a boat buster.

Canadian CF-18s strike ammo dump again - World - CBC News

I eventually got back after 38 hours of being awake.

I got a couple of days of family and good riding in and then I started the next part of my summer. I packed my bags and got a plane for Romania. I was welcomed by beautiful weather and nice people. Work was hard but we also played hard. Some of it i have a hard time remembering...something about Absolut, OJ, and Redbull...details from there are a little fuzzy. I spent more time outside then I did anywhere else. I did some rock climbing in a Cheile Turzii. I got lucky enough to travel 5 km into a mountain in a cave in Sub Piatra. It was big enough you fly a plane into. Got some time at the bomb range too which was awsome. More Pics when i get some time.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More Pics...the picture of all 3 of us in the cave is at the base of a 3 story waterfall...was sad that we got stopped by it but it was so awsome to see. The others are from the gorge.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.