Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Ninja, 08..... bought it from a kid's dad, he got shipped off to the military and the dad didn't know much about it. Didn't come with a manual and I'm wondering..... is there a petcock with a shutoff for this thing? I dont see one. Also, how do I get the front seat off? Did a search on both and found nothing.

·
Registered
726 Posts
No manual petcock... It's vacuum operated.

As far as the seat, there is a lock visible between the saddle and passenger seat, that should release the latter.

The rider's seat requires removal of the soft plastic covers on both sides of the bike, directly under the saddle. Two retainer bolts are hidden under the covers.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Well, technically there is a manual petcock, which you have to operate with a screw driver, because it does have the vacuum actuated safety valve, as Kurt mentioned, which means it shouldn't leak any gasoline, aside maybe a thimble full if you remove the tank. A significant amount of gas will leak out of the fuel line coming from the carbs though, so just be aware of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.