Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
i want to learn how to wheelie the 250r.. any tips?
Don't. Just imagine the clutch snapping! I'm not sure whether it's worth it...

I haven't really done one yet, but in theory you release the clutch at about 13k rpm in first gear.

Just search on youtube for ninja 250r wheelie

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Can you ride a wheelie on a bicycle? IF you can than you get the idea. It is all about sifting you weight back and applying the throttle at the right time. You will want to learn how to rebuild forks also.Hard landings will blow out the fork seals. But then you can change the oil . You may want to remove the body work and get frame sliders. And don't ride a wheelie to long.The ninja 250 wont stay up on power .So you have to balance and that could uncover the oil pick up. You might want to pick up a cheep dirt bike to practice on .

these videos will help. You should where all you gear and practice on a parking lot that is not used .

YouTube - How to Pop a Wheelie on a Motorcycle : How to Do Clutch Motorcycle Wheelies

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i popped a little one on my 250 when i had it, very hard to do just because of the small engine size. i let the clutch drop at about 11k and it came up but went straight back down again with no balance

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Weeman, stock gearing? In that case, get rolling about 5mph, make sure you're straight front to back and top to bottom. Pull the clutch in and hold the tach at about 7K-ish (no brakes), and drop the clutch. Get a feel.

Do it again with the tach at 9K-ish.

Then go to 10mph and drop it at 12K.

This will help you build a frame of reference of how quickly and far the front comes up...

As X said, make sure it's in a parking lot or deserted road. Maybe find some local stunters in your area?

This BTW is one reason I love this group so much! Some people would just say wheelies are bad, this and that and such, but this group is very realistic... It's gonna happen, and we are gonna try things, just make it as safe as possible, no?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you are going to use the bike for stunting, a bigger rear sprocket is the thing. Just keep in mind that your wheel will move forward on the swingarm w/ the original chain. Would not recommend bigger than a 48 tooth. Also cruising rpm's will be really high and probably not too enjoyable.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, I think you mean underpowered.... GXSR 1100, Hayabusas and those types are GREAT for doing wheelies, simply because they are heavy. Newton's third law - inertia, it's a good thing to have when learning to wheelie.... :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Like I said, doing wheelies on the ninja isn't a great idea but it can be done, I have popped it up and road a wheelie for about 20feet, I don't have any balance and I would HIGHLY suggest getting a POS dirtbike and practicing on that first.

Like I stated before, I have a cracked dash from the landings :( .....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.