Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some good wheel alignment tool recommendations? I got rear ended by some dumbass at a red light and its given me a good excuse to check alignment and to adjust the chain tension (oh boy is that thing loose..)

and yes, surprisingly the bike is ok... i just have a busted shin to show for the wreck and a bent license plate/fender. Should have dropped the bike just so I could get some new fairings.. hehe

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Sorry to hear about the wreck bud, but it's good to hear you're ok!

The only trick I have used for alignment is using a straight piece of timber or metal that is about a foot long, like a ruler. Sitting at the rear of the bike, place the straight edge on the flat of your rear sprocket just under the chain looking forward. Using the chain edge as a guide, you can see if the sprocket is out of alignment. Since the sprocket is fixed to the wheel it will tell you if the wheel is straight or not.
Hopefully I have explained it correctly. :/

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
After adjusting that chain up a bit.......
If ur sprocket runs in the center of ur chain not touching either side....
As ur spinning it........
U should be A-Ok.......
Hopefully u have a rear stand to do this...........
If ur leaning ur bike over on ur kickstand to do this.........
The weight of the chain will make it tend to go to the side anyway as u spin....
Use a rear stand or some way to lift bike level.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.