Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a scooter before i got my lil 250r and couldn't dream of going back. What's everyone's opinions on scooters? have you owned one? would you buy one again? Do you think they're totally gay?

Personally, I don't see myself owning one ever again since i don't want to pay the insurance on it or maintain one (even though it's easy). I'd rather get a cruiser for taking on a passenger and going on long long trips. Don't get me wrong, scooters are super fun to ride around town.. especially with how easy it is to carry a passenger, but it feels really crappy rolling around with your engine sounding like it's going to blow up just because you're going 45 MPH

I think everyone in a cage should spend a week commuting on a scooter though. the world might be a different place if they did

:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I had a scooter before i got my lil 250r and couldn't dream of going back. What's everyone's opinions on scooters? have you owned one? would you buy one again? Do you think they're totally gay?

Personally, I don't see myself owning one ever again since i don't want to pay the insurance on it or maintain one (even though it's easy). I'd rather get a cruiser for taking on a passenger and going on long long trips. Don't get me wrong, scooters are super fun to ride around town.. especially with how easy it is to carry a passenger, but it feels really crappy rolling around with your engine sounding like it's going to blow up just because you're going 45 MPH

I think everyone in a cage should spend a week commuting on a scooter though. the world might be a different place if they did

:popcorn:
Gay......

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>.> lol... they are a lil gay, but fun nonetheless. do you give them the wave when you see them on the road? i used to get a lot of waves on my scooter from people on sportbikes and cruisers surprisingly.. more than i do on my sportbike even it seems. i didn't even know what "the wave" was when i started riding, but i got so many waves that i caught on after a few days

seems like cruisers have a thing against sportbike riders

·
Registered
674 Posts
Scooters are fine I guess, but they scare me...

Tiny wheels and poor stability. I've ridden one around the block, and that was enough.

There are some neat ones though, mostly high performance 2-stroke European models.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
they r okay,wouldnt ride one myself.its just that the ones we have here are all electric ones from walmart,n they dont need license or insurance,drive on freakin sidewalks,only go 30-40,bunch of nerds...lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to work at dominos and befor i got my licence i used to thrash the f out of there scooters i even put a blue neon under it, it was awsome and suprisingly safe to ride, but yea looking back gay as aids.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Scooters are great. When they go over 250cc they have to much plastic crap on them to make them easy to services. for example the Buddie 170i it is fuel injected . It goes 75 mph and gets 90 mpg. You have two 12 volt chargers. Room under the seat for rain gear and a lock.

I have ridden scooters motorcycles and bicycles. I owned an Aprilia SR 50 that would get 64 mph on flat ground and spank a motorcycle down a hill.

I have a Aprilia Scarabeo 50 now. Cost 800 bucks zero insurance 80 mpg and has enough storage to carry a weeks groceries. I did not have a car for ten years. Motorcycles suck for carrying anything. I can carry a tub of kitty litter on a scooter try that on a liter bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scooters are great. When they go over 250cc they have to much plastic crap on them to make them easy to services. for example the Buddie 170i it is fuel injected . It goes 75 mph and gets 90 mpg. You have two 12 volt chargers. Room under the seat for rain gear and a lock.

I have ridden scooters motorcycles and bicycles. I owned an Aprilia SR 50 that would get 64 mph on flat ground and spank a motorcycle down a hill.

I have a Aprilia Scarabeo 50 now. Cost 800 bucks zero insurance 80 mpg and has enough storage to carry a weeks groceries. I did not have a car for ten years. Motorcycles suck for carrying anything. I can carry a tub of kitty litter on a scooter try that on a liter bike.

hah!... a weeks groceries.. that's crazy!

mine didn't have that much storage space, but that's freakin awesome. Even though i didn't have all that much storage space, i still miss the little under the seat bit of storage that i had. I could always keep my rain gear with me and a number of other various little things. used to stuff to-go food under there on rare occassions

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have a rack in the back with a box. The Scarebeo has no under seat storage. Most do but the big wheels take up the space. Plus I have the little hook on the knee bolster. I can hang thre or four bags from that and hold a six pack between my feet. O and it had a glove box. Plus I can have a knapsack but I don't like to ride with that. I can strap it to the back of the seat.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
There are some fun scooters like the italjet dragster 180 but you need a full bike license in England to ride it which seems pointless ,then theres the aprilias you can tune but will blow eventually lol I had an aprilia af1 futura when I was 17 was awesome upside down forks single side swingarm white wheels ,wasnt really a scooter but still fun !i also worked at dominoes here in England for a year whilst studying and delivered on a Honda crunchie (c90) was indestructible lol

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I had an SR 50 from Aprilia. I worked for an Aprilia dealer. It would rock. With 13 inch Michilin pilots front and rear.

Plus I upgraded everything. It would pull a sweet wheelie and the auto trans would sit the front wheel down like it was a drag bike.
I am 200 lb so it would slow a bit up hill. But down hill with resivour shock and Malossi springs.
I had more than one incident where I hounded a motorcycle down a hill.
I once chased a guy with a CBR down a hill. The guy did a double take when he realsied it was a scooter. Then he slammed the throttle and rode off when the road went flat. I laughed. I may be gay riding a scooter. But how about the guy on a 600 that just raced one. Haha

The scooter storage stuff stays dry.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wave to the scooter people.......:thumb::thumb:
They have the right to ride n enjoy the same thing i'm enjoying......:thumb::thumb:
XD... "scooters are gay as ****"

*everyone suddenly reveals that they ride scooters*

earl - "i wave at scooters!"

it seems that a lot of motorcyclists do.. it's like all the ill will is between the cruiser and sportbike crowd. I got the wave WAY more when i was on my scooter.. super weird

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
XD... "scooters are gay as ****"

*everyone suddenly reveals that they ride scooters*

earl - "i wave at scooters!"

it seems that a lot of motorcyclists do.. it's like all the ill will is between the cruiser and sportbike crowd. I got the wave WAY more when i was on my scooter.. super weird
Them darn Harley buttheads sure don't wanna wave at us crotch engine drivers 4 sure.....
Fck....em.......
I just think this one thing....Hey!! what u got under ur nuts hummmmming......LOL...
:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I know what I got n it does shit n get quite fair.....LOL
a

Read sig below........LOL.....:dance::dance:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.