Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellow female riders. I have a lot of trouble maneuvering my bike around when I'm not on it, probably because I'm so little, and it outweighs me almost 4 to 1. I'm wondering how you guys manage to get your bike on a rear stand without help? I'm wondering if the stands with the front facing handle would be easier and safer for me. Has anyone tried one? What did you think about it? Do you have any tips?

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I always thought it was a two person job. But my friend gets it on and off like its nothing, and the guys at the track weren't even watching what they were doing and they did probably 20 times that day. I think I can lift it on my own, and the pit bull stands look sturdy enough to take it. I'm more concerned about balancing it while I'm lifting it. My friend has a 2005 sv 650 so it has that bar at the back that he holds on to. But mine doesn't have that.. there's nothing to hold onto while you're back there! (That's what he said lol) That's why i was wondering about the front facing handle.. I can hold it up by the handle bars and still have the leverage of a normal rear stand. Maybe?? I wish I could try one out before I buy... but there are no shops here that carry them.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Man, you are the bomb!!! I honestly thought you were going to drop the bike there right at the end!!
BTW, I tend to dislike things like that between my legs since things like that tend to hurt me when I'm not looking!!!

Once again, Spooph to the rescue! Nice job bud!

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much spooph! Very helpful... I never thought to do it that way since I've only ever seen it done standing behind the rear wheel facing the front of the bike. Its also cool that there is a video made especially for me! lol You rock!

· Registered
928 Posts
My rear stand is a breeze to use. I use the swing arm bc I don't have rear spools. I just leave the bike on the kick stand, line up my stand with the bike looking at the back of the bike and slowly lift the bike up. The left side gets supported first then as it moves to its center position it is supported by both sides of the stand and I push the stand all the way down. Then I do the opposite to put the bike back on the ground...

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, help is help no matter who it comes from.
Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate the help. I just thought it was funny that so many men seemed to follow the she-ninja section, while it seems very few women do. :)

OnSlaught: Make us a video! They're fun! (and educational)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.