Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today. After I warmed it up. Pulled in the clutch. Put it in first gear. Nuteral light went off. Let the clutch out and nothing. Wouldn't take off. Had to put it in first again then it worked. Off we went. Is there anything wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sounds like you didn't shift it into 1st gear good. A common issue. Can be also caused by an improperly adjusted shifter or the gears not sliding into place properly. When shifting from neutral to first, often times you feel a very slight clunck, to let you know it's in gear.

If it happens often or comes out of gear, have your tranny serviced.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sounds like you didn't shift it into 1st gear good. A common issue. Can be also caused by an improperly adjusted shifter or the gears not sliding into place properly. When shifting from neutral to first, often times you feel a very slight clunck, to let you know it's in gear.

If it happens often or comes out of gear, have your tranny serviced.
I also remember in my owners manual reading that it is recommended to rubberband your clutch for about a hour before the first ride of the season as it will release and sticking clutch plates

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Funny Earl lol

Dude what is the average distance a 2012 ninja 250 full tank can reach??? It has 18L fuel tank and mine has travelled 165 km and my tank has only about 1/4 of the tank left... I am not sure if this is good or bad or normal...
Lets see what 165 km is first....?
That'd be 102 aprx miles.......:whistling:
Now what's 18L to gallons...?
N datsa about 4.7 gallons.....
Letsa do some math.......
Ok....i get about 22 miles per gallon......:facepalm:
Ur probly at 35....OMAASS
What did you do to your bike?......:facepalm:
Are u running chains on ur back wheel?.....:facepalm:
Do you know u have 6 gears?......:eek:
U have to shift ur bike u know.........:whistling:
LOl......really u got me what ur doing?
On my girlie 650 the worse i can get is 38 pushing it hard as hell.....
Not that i do that.......:thumb:
Country u stay right outta this......LOL......:whistling:
Are u running good diesel in ur bike?
I always use good K1...nice n clean stuff......:thumb:
Ok....country.....ur turn.....:dance:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
My that biteme dude can come chime in toooooo......:whistling:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lets see what 165 km is first....? That'd be 102 aprx miles.......:whistling: Now what's 18L to gallons...? N datsa about 4.7 gallons..... Letsa do some math....... Ok....i get about 22 miles per gallon......:facepalm: Ur probly at 35....OMAASS What did you do to your bike?......:facepalm: Are u running chains on ur back wheel?.....:facepalm: Do you know u have 6 gears?......:eek: U have to shift ur bike u know.........:whistling: LOl......really u got me what ur doing? On my girlie 650 the worse i can get is 38 pushing it hard as hell..... Not that i do that.......:thumb: Country u stay right outta this......LOL......:whistling: Are u running good diesel in ur bike? I always use good K1...nice n clean stuff......:thumb: Ok....country.....ur turn.....:dance: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: My that biteme dude can come chime in toooooo......:whistling:
So i guess u r saying this is good??? lol

I haven't done any thing to this bike beside riding it.. I just got it 3 weeks ago from the dealership.. Used bike with 2335 kms.. It was full tank when they delivered it to me..

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
So i guess u r saying this is good??? lol

I haven't done any thing to this bike beside riding it.. I just got it 3 weeks ago from the dealership.. Used bike with 2335 kms.. It was full tank when they delivered it to me..
I would think with normal riding of a Ninja 250 u would get way better fuel mileage then what ur getting.......
Way-way bettererer........
say.......80 km to 4 liter

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
No wonder......

Dam things Black......:facepalm:
Those always get sucky gas mileage......:whistling:
They forget to grease the muffler bearing in them....
Ur gunna hafta take the exhaust off n do that.....:eek:
Ur gunna need a 37mm grease thingamabob to do it......:whistling:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Ok....bed time 4 me..........:thumb:
Ur on ur own here 4 the night ......:popcorn:
I know there's gotta be someone just getting up somewhere out there to take ova......:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
.... what is the average distance a 2012 ninja 250 full tank can reach??? It has 18L fuel tank and mine has travelled 165 km and my tank has only about 1/4 of the tank left... I am not sure if this is good or bad or normal...
Many factors such as altitude, temp, humidity, riding style and gearing set up can affect fuel usage, so your mpg may vary from time to time.

Have a look at this thread to get an idea of what to expect.

http://www.newninja.com/forums/f97/how-many-kilometers-to-a-tank-of-gas-4454-3.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.