Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the PSI suppose to be at on a 08 Ninja 250R? I dont have my manual and I found a nail in my tire and want to see if im losing any air
-Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
that is correct.

service manual says that is the cold pressure reading. it must be taken when the bike hasn't been ridden more than a mile during the past 3 hours.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I read online somewhere (I'll try to go find the link) a guy put 41 psi in his back tire and 38 in the front..is that normal?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
that seems really really high...but then again it is for track..

·
Registered
331 Posts
28 front and 32 in rear.

That's what the manual says.But again it's based on the total payload of 175kg(~386 lbs per manual).A driver,such as myself of 78kg(~172lbs),will need to reduce the pressure by a pouple of lbs,both front and rear,for a good ride.
I'm running 25/28 single and 25/30 with pax.This is just a personal preference.The ride is much smoother and the tires grip well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
xNinja said:
What is the PSI suppose to be at on a 08 Ninja 250R? I dont have my manual and I found a nail in my tire and want to see if im losing any air
-Thanks
I'd say check your tire pressure and adjust it according to what everybody else has said. Some air loss is normal and the psi will fluctuate with temperature change. What you can do to check for a leak is get a spray bottle and fill it with water and a few drops of soap. Then spray the area in question and see if any bubbles apear. The soapy-water mixture will help stay in place and will bubble if there is a leak. I would say do this with the nail still in the tire so if you see there is a leak (slow one) you can ride to the desired location to have it replaced. If you don't see a leak with the nail still in the tire, then pull the nail all the way out and spray it down again to check for leaks. Hope that helps some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts