Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put black stripes on the inside of my wheels, and I was wondering what the best way to do it was?
Should I tape it off and use a spray can, or should I paint it with a brush? How wide are the rim tape strips?
The space I want to cover is probably like 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, so that's that. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
rim stripes arnt anything near that are they? they are like a cm across or something?

itll probs be best to tape the area you dont want to spray and do it that way.... but see what other people say aswell :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I'm assuming you don't black rims like the rest of us!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do not get the pre-curved crap of ebay, I got some and the vinyl is so thin is breaks off easily and stretches when you try to apply it. I went to wal-mart and got some 3m reflective tape and cut my own..3m vinyl is seriously better even when its not pre-curved...

-my 0.02 $

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That 3M tape sounds like my best bet. Does anybody know if they have like a black reflective tape? I know I saw some whole-bike type applications somewhere a while ago. Anyway, I'm prob gonna hit up Wal Mart after my first shift tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts