Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

What parts help improve speed?

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  aberk 
#1 ·
I have a 98 zx6 and was wondering what parts I should get to improve the speed if I decided to do that?

#9 ·
Best and cheapest way to improve top end speed is to change your sprocket sizes. This however will affect your acceleration, something that will not really be noted on the more powerful ZX6.

#14 ·
What everyone else has said is correct, however the top speed of your bike is governed by the gearing and sprockets on your bike. Your original post said you wanted more speed, so that is why I suggested the sprockets.
More power will not give you a higher speed.

#15 ·
zandit said:
What everyone else has said is correct, however the top speed of your bike is governed by the gearing and sprockets on your bike. Your original post said you wanted more speed, so that is why I suggested the sprockets.
More power will not give you a higher speed.
So having more power won't give you more speed? Will more power give you the ability to reach higher speeds faster?

#16 ·
Certainly! As long as you remember that your bike will only go so fast depending on the gearing that is on the bike. You could have 1000hp, and it will launch like a rocket and reach your top speed in no time flat, but it will still hit the same top speed your bike was doing when it had 120hp.

#17 ·
zandit said:
Certainly! As long as you remember that your bike will only go so fast depending on the gearing that is on the bike. You could have 1000hp, and it will launch like a rocket and reach your top speed in no time flat, but it will still hit the same top speed your bike was doing when it had 120hp.
Oh ok! Now I understand it!! Thanks so much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.