Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Rider scraped a peg, back end got swirly, he panicked, sat up on the bike, looked at the dirt, hit the front brakes, down he went. He could have made the turn. He had plenty of road, all he had to do was change his body position, scrub a little speed and go thru the turn.

I always like watching these videos. You get to see a lot of good riding and a lot of really bad riding.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly what I was thinking, he could have saved the bike by looking and leaning though the turn. Everytime I watch the video I scream, "What are you DOING !?! Don't let up, keep going (though the turn)".

He dumped that R1 really good.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
a noob mistake from a noob rider.

thats what the guy did 2 weeks ago when we were out on a ride. only difference is he just didnt try to corner haha.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It happened to me also, the difference is I was just riding slow, I have plenty of time to correct my mistake then I let go of the front brake, lean again, and went on through the turn. It's a good thing for me that Im still slow in cornering.:)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
the Mulholland vids are all great, some good riders for that road as well though! (the ones that dont crash)

·
Registered
347 Posts
a noob mistake from a noob rider.

thats what the guy did 2 weeks ago when we were out on a ride. only difference is he just didnt try to corner haha.
I don't feel he was a 'noob' (newb, newbie, nub, etc.) at all. Those are tough roads, he got a knee down and looked like he knew how to corner well. Anyone can make a mistake while panicking, especially on challenging roads!

Not saying he is a great rider- just that I don't think he is necessarily a BAD one either

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I don't feel he was a 'noob' (newb, newbie, nub, etc.) at all. Those are tough roads, he got a knee down and looked like he knew how to corner well. Anyone can make a mistake while panicking, especially on challenging roads!

Not saying he is a great rider- just that I don't think he is necessarily a BAD one either
Maybe noob was a bit harsh way to describe it, was a hard week with exams Haha, from what I can see with the videos is all the same type of rider errors seem to crop up.
I'm glad exams are over now so I can finally chill out!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Maybe noob was a bit harsh way to describe it, was a hard week with exams Haha, from what I can see with the videos is all the same type of rider errors seem to crop up.
I'm glad exams are over now so I can finally chill out!
Hey, no beef here, just discussing.. I got done on Friday and I am feeling free as a bird, so I can understand the stress load! :thumb:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When you panic, you waste precious seconds that you could be using to avoid a crash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.