Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

What is the difference between the ZZR600 and ZX6R?

11K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  czsummy 
#1 ·
hey guys i'm wondering what is the difference between a zzr 600 and a zx6r? Or are the the same just different model years? a zzr 600 poped up on craigslist, for the first time while i was searching and it looks different, and i like it.

thanks!

#4 ·
I'm not familiar with the ZZR, but you are spot on with the other models. 650R is more comfortable while still being sporty, but the ZX6R is more of a track weapon.

#6 ·
yup, you got it right. The ZZR isn't being made currently, and is an older trend. The current trend seems to be to make a street and track bike, each engineered exclusively. I'm sure a model's success has something to do with it as well, as was the case with the R6S - the exact same YZF-R6 from a few years prior, which used to be the defining SS of it's day... I hope I'm making sense.

#8 ·
The 2005-7 zzr 600 is almost identical to the 2002 zx6r. As they bring in the new ZX6R they then call the old ZX6R a ZZR 600. It will save you a lot on insurance.I had a 2005 ZZR 600. It is the perfect bike. I really miss it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.