Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
With a gas pump :)

I found the easiest thing to do is find a station that doesn't have those rubber springy things on the part of the pump that goes in to your tank.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, glad the noobs are digging up the old threads that need to get re-answered. If I remember correctly, this had to do with the safest way to fill up the bike. As in, while it's on it's side stand, or with you sitting on the bike. I know some countries don't allow riders to stay seated on the tank while filling up.

I however stay seated on the bike, and hold the spigot with both hands filling the tank to past the filler neck. This is usually right before I ride somewhere, and NEVER right when I park it (or the overflow tube will spill out a puddle of gas underneath your bike). So I'm using the top bit of the tank right away. It helps me get 300miles out of a tank.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'm always leery of "tripping" over the kick stand while seated on the bike and I'm planning NOT to get off.... but to each their own.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Valid Point. I don't get off either but I like to put it down anyways.... in case of freakish tornado winds.... or some jerk who's jealous and gives me a shove... or if I look at a cute girl too long and lose my balance.... Things can happen!

·
Registered
65 Posts
i sit on the bike the whole time. I cup the top of the nozzel with my gloves to keep anything from dripping. I dont let the pump touch hardly any of the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts