Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
for price you cannot beat the danmoto exhaust. I have heard a few different ones on the 250 from a few different local bikes, but I can't really tell a huge difference from any of them. they all sound pretty close to each other in my opinion. I had the carbon gp with silencer on mine, the girl that owns it now loves the sound!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Leo has a new slip on for $200. More money than the danmoto but still pretty cheap for a pipe. Exhaust note and volume are totally different also, so it gives you an option. What have you heard that you like the sound of? How loud do you want to be?

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

·
Registered
63 Posts
If loud is what you want, it's hard to beat the growler. I know hotbodies says "no tuning necessary" but, expect to need to rejet or at least shim your needles. We have done several and they all needed adjustment to run properly. Fell flat on its face otherwise, totally gutless. Bare in mind that I am at sea level and elevation makes a difference. Your results may vary and all that jazz.

As far as quality, the growler is solid but has an exposed weld, if I remember correctly. I've heard good reviews on the danmoto other than the hanger. Def good for the price. Lots of feedback on that one on the forum. Just do a search for danmoto. Either way, the growler or the danmoto should be louder than the Leo. Might want to look in to Delkevic, too. Let us know what you go with!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've ordered the Leo Vince Corsa slip-on (the cheap one) - which looks a lot like the MGP Growler, but costs less (???). I paid 195 for the carbon - including FedEx. I will share a review of the can and the seller (Biohazard) once I've received and installed it.

I had scoured YouTube for ideas... had considered the DanMoto simply for the price. The MGP appeals to me looks-wise and, from what I can tell in the videos, sound-wise. As I'd mentioned in my intro post, I'd had a TBR pipe before, but felt the quality (and customer service) was poor... especially considering the premium price. The Akrapovic, Yosh, and Leo SBKs all sound great - but the price is high.

Stay tuned.

-andrew

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool Andrew. Keep us posted. I started a thread about Musarri exhaust that I found on eBay and they are from Australia (I thinks). Price with shipping is anywhere from $210-$230us depending on the current currency rate.
DanMoto has a new exhaust....Look at this on eBay:

Exhaust Danmoto XG-1 Kawasaki EX 250 Ninja 250 R EX250 08-12 2008-2012 EX464

http://bit.ly/M0l3tE

·
Registered
63 Posts
andrew said:
I've ordered the Leo Vince Corsa slip-on (the cheap one) - which looks a lot like the MGP Growler, but costs less (???). I paid 195 for the carbon - including FedEx. I will share a review of the can and the seller (Biohazard) once I've received and installed it.

I had scoured YouTube for ideas... had considered the DanMoto simply for the price. The MGP appeals to me looks-wise and, from what I can tell in the videos, sound-wise. As I'd mentioned in my intro post, I'd had a TBR pipe before, but felt the quality (and customer service) was poor... especially considering the premium price. The Akrapovic, Yosh, and Leo SBKs all sound great - but the price is high.

Stay tuned.

-andrew
Definitely let us know what you think. I'm used to the Leos being much quieter than the other pipes you mentioned. Right now I'm debating between the AP qc and the new Leo full system. The volume of the Leo may be my deciding factor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Bulletproof - yes, your thread on the Musarri was part of my research. That new DanMoto looks pretty intense... kinda like a double-barreled Jardine GP. I love the simplicity of those GP style pipes, but the noise is really gratuitous... and deafening.

@Flatlander - I hope that the Leo is a bit quieter than the MGP. While I ride with earplugs anyway, I also don't want people to *hate* me for it. I do believe that loud(er) pipes provide us with a little more "presence" on the road... but there's also something a little outlaw-ish about rolling into a sleepy town with a cacophony of noise. For better or for worse. YMMV.

My decision to pull the trigger on the LV Corsa was based on a couple of things... one being 24oz of 9% ale... and the thought that a $200 mistake is less troubling than a $400 one.

-andrew

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.