Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do you guys take passengers? I've been thinking about taking my rear pegs off and adding a seat cowl so I have an excuse to not take anybody on-board. I'd rather only have to worry about putting myself in harm's way. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I do, and have many times. Accel sucks, but not enough to put a dent in a properly relaxing cruise around the country. By cruise, I mean no more than 5 over the limit.

But, I carry a cowl for just that reason, it eliminates the dangerous temptation rides, as in, the passenger and I have to put aside a time to go ride, so I can switch to the seat, which allows for proper riding attire to be found and used.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I wouldn't know, never taken a passenger and never been a passenger. Maybe if I were broke down and standed on the side of the road I would take a ride on the back.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I love the seat cowl for the same reason spooph suggested.. It gives you a proper reason to decline that cute coworker or desperate friend on hopping on the back- I go a step further and took off my passenger pegs, but when a friend of mine came home from school I put everything back on (sort of a pain in the ass.. Even more reasons for me to hate it!) and we were able to cruise quite comfortably.

The most important thing with riding with a passenger in my opinion, is a good passenger. Letting them know things like looking over the shoulder of the direction you're turning, using the rear seat strap and clenching their knees during downshifting, braking, or harsh roads, etc. Set some knowledge in their heads if they don't know and it's more enjoyable for both parties.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well said Blackout. 8)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I made the mistake of giving my daughter a ride, the day we brought home the 250. It felt gutless to begin with, but with the extra weight, it was no fun at all.:p

·
Registered
334 Posts
I took a passenger for the first time yesterday. My passenger has ridden their own bike before. It was a very good ride, although stopping was a bit hard for me because of the balance. Other than that, as long as the passenger understands that if they lean one way while on the freeway, you are going to change lanes....you'll be fine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I took a passenger for the first time yesterday. My passenger has ridden their own bike before. It was a very good ride, although stopping was a bit hard for me because of the balance. Other than that, as long as the passenger understands that if they lean one way while on the freeway, you are going to change lanes....you'll be fine.
haha I enjoyed that. I don't have any plans to take a passenger if I can avoid it... Actually, I'm pretty sure my sister is getting me a seat cowl for Christmas. XD

Spooph - I want to thank you in advance for doing that write-up on the DDM HID headlights. I'm going to order them today and I'm sure I'll be referencing your thread throughout the entire process of installing them.

I have HID headlights in my car but I've never done any kind of work to a bike before. I don't even know how to take the fairings apart :-/ ha

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Your welcome, feel free to PM or what not. I'm usually pretty fast to reply, just don't get mad if I don't reply fast enough lol, I know it's hard to tell, but I do have a life ya know... :p

also, just cracked 3K posts, huh, who knew? Cool!

·
Registered
57 Posts
when I had my first ride on the back of Zandits 650, he and Indie was worried i would want to lean to much with the bike, but I only moved when we were on straights and that was just to re-adjust my seating coz I kept sliding into Zandit,
I have to admit, Zandit and I have very different riding styles, but I loved being on the back.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I took my wife on our first ride the other day. She was so worried she was gonna squeeze me so bad and I could barely feel her touch my sides, which honestly I did not like. I told her when we got home to hold on tighter, but the bike did great. I'm 189lbs and she is under 150lbs so it wasn't bad. I didn't try to gun it anywhere as I am new to having a rider, but everything worked out pretty well. She didn't lean too much when we turned, but I could deff feel the difference in the way the bike moved. When she would scoot back on straights I could feel the bike react to that too.

At one point she moved slightly when we turned and it forced the bike and me to make a wider turn than I had planned, but it wasn't bad. We did a max speed of 50mph. Speed limit was 45 and we do 50 in the truck so I figured it was safe. lol

Oh yeah...Her name in my phone is listed as Wifey...lol

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts