Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I found a guy on craigslist who wants to trade his older jeep for a newer ninja 250 'cool' and some cash 'even cooler'

even better I found a guy who wants a four wheel drive for his 600 katana...

way cool.

so should i trade my bike for the jeep then the jeep for the katana? IF they are both interested?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didn't work. guy pussed out.

anyone have any info on the hyosung 250GT? or whatever it is? its rated at 17ft of torque, that's like 5more lbs than the ninja.... oh its a 90 degree twin not a I2 cylinder.. would a 90degree produce more torque than an I2?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
AUDACIA said:
didn't work. guy pussed out.

anyone have any info on the hyosung 250GT? or whatever it is? its rated at 17ft of torque, that's like 5more lbs than the ninja.... oh its a 90 degree twin not a I2 cylinder.. would a 90degree produce more torque than an I2?
Stay away from Hyosung they lour you in with the FI. but it is a rusted POS. FYI

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so would a hyosung 250 be able to go faster than a ninja I2? the torque would give it more go woulnd't it?

@ delta, they come with a 2yr warranty on EVERYTHING not just drive components.

ok so they have a 650s that has 79hp isn't that lower than the ninja 650? i thought the 4cylinders where running in the low to mid 100's now?

BUT its pushing 49lbs of torque. just wondering, why would kawasaki use a I2 when a 90 Vtwin would produce more torque?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Here is a good test of 250s, including both the Ninja and the Hyosung. (may be a re-post)

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-250cc-streetbike-shootout-88953.html

They pick the Hyosung over the Kawi, 2nd overall out of 5 with the Ninja being third. I still would not take the Hyosung over the Ninja, I think it is a pretty good bike, but I have much more faith in the Ninja and I think it is the better bike. And keep in mind, I'm still PO'd with Kawasaki as a company, have been since I got my bike, but I'd still depend on their product over Hyosung, at least for a few more years.

As far as power and torque go, look at the charts in the review. You'll sse the Hyosung makes its HP faster and that it has higher torque, but you'll also see that in both cases it drops off suddenly and short of the Ninja.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Audacia, you have much to learn. Good questions though.

The Kawasaki 650R is also a I2, not a I4. The ZX-6R, a 600cc bike is a I4, and yes, it develops just over 100hp stock. But the 650R is a bit less than that.

And no, the Hoysung 250 would not be faster, but it might get there quicker.... For simplicity, think of Torque as your acceleration, and horsepower as your top speed. Besides, the Hoysung is very barbaric when compared to the ninjette....

But hey mang, it's yo money. If you have to come back and whine though about the thing falling apart, or being in the shop all the time, we'll stick our tongues out at you, tell you we told you so, and wiggle our fingers at you. It is made in China ya know. The ninjette comes out of Japan - good peeps in the speed world.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
yeh it'll be a bit like a ducati, you'll need to tighten everything up once a week or it will fall to bits and also it'll only start once a week if you ask it nicely and rub it in the right bits ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i was just trying to see your guys reaction, im flat ass broke so either way i can't get it.

i understand the torque and hp, but if you could replace the sprockets to keep the r's at or near the max torque couldn't it go faster? after all RacerX is trying to produce more torque and hp to gain speed, well the hyosung already has the torque.

i didn't know that about the 650 that would sound weird and not at all like the 600's im used to hearing!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
650 sounds good, but needs some more volume, it is too quiet especially at speed. I will eventually get a slip-on for it, just don't have the funds for cosmetic things just yet!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
zandit said:
650 sounds good, but needs some more volume, it is too quiet especially at speed. I will eventually get a slip-on for it, just don't have the funds for cosmetic things just yet!
You mean wifey lowered your allowance?!? lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts