Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know my ZX-6R was in an accident.. I'll be getting another bike in a couple weeks and I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with a ZX-6R. My question is, should I get another red one or should I get a black one and add pink accessories? Pink rim tape, levers, LED kit etc etc.. My new gear is all pinked out and I'm not sure how that would look on a red bike, plus for some reason I feel like if I got the same exact bike, same color, that it would be some kind of "bad luck" or "bad omen" in a way.. Opinions please! and Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Yeah, go black and pink it up.
Yeah +1!!:thumb:
There was a black 250R on here that was pinked up, but I can't think whose it was.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm, those seats actually don't look too bad. I don't think I'm going to have the rims powder coated though because I really like the look of fluorescent pink rim tape against a black bike. Things I'm looking at doing, another pink LED kit all around the bike, pink rim tape, pink chain, pink levers(someway somehow) probably will have to have those power coated along with some other parts of the bike here and there.. I tried contacting "bluegauges.com" but they said they don't offer pink illumiglow gauges :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I read the link you posted and I'm not really seeing any information on how I would install them or where to get the pink LED's from? Since my gauge cluster is all digital, it's a little different from the one posted..

P.S: anybody know where I could get a pink seat like that? I'm looking all online and nothing is really coming up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait a second, I looked at the picture wrong obviously his is digital too. Where his is white(shows speed etc) I would want that to glow pink and also the RPM's as well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I read the link you posted and I'm not really seeing any information on how I would install them or where to get the pink LED's from? Since my gauge cluster is all digital, it's a little different from the one posted..

P.S: anybody know where I could get a pink seat like that? I'm looking all online and nothing is really coming up
hmm, I forgot you would have the digital display, so I'll have to think a bit more on that one.

The pink seat pic is actually a photoshoped image but there are a few places that could customize a seat for you. I saw something on another forum and will look there for the info.

As for pink LEDs, here's a place I found but do a Google and you can find many other places.

3 LED PINK Motorcycle & Car Lights - Black casing

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I can only see 1 color when it comes to motos.... RED. If you have any doubts why, watch the movie Kinky Boots.... :D

But aside from my opinion, this is your bike, and you need to feel fantastic on it, so do what makes YOU happy....

Changing the color of a digital display is gonna be a bitch... Some of them have surface mount LED's, and I've never seen those in pink - but I haven't looked very hard for them either.... Also keep in mind, pink is a difficult color temperature/frequency to see, and at night, it might play tricks on the mind - just like an intense blue....

IF you decide that's the way you want to go, we'll figure it out. Anything is possible with enough time and money...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.