Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted the admin for the server or site ?

Anyhow, Hopefully red can keep up with the updates keeping this from happening again.

I did research on the guy that did the hack, he attacks less populated\updated sites.

Love you red keep the site alive!

While you fix the problems this fahg caused could you pull up the home page again after this is all ironed out? some OSEO would do us wonders buddy.

~audi

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely

Like Zencart has updates, its a platform on which to build a website from.

Ours was outdated when a security hole was discovered and he exploited it with a script attack.
Updating a backup of the site previous to the attack then uploading that new file set on the server gave us out baby back.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

Got a response

I just let my programmer know and he should be restoring the backup. As soon as the site is back online we will make an announcement to the community about the changes and then convert to a more secure commercial forum software (vBulletin). Do you know when the site went down?

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM, jacob munoz <jacob16424 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Andy.

I noticed the site was hacked =(, I have an account with newninja and was wondering if 'redrider' the site owner was going to be restoring the site.

I would greatly appreciate a response on this matter.

~jake

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy is most likely the server owner\operator

red has the site on a dedicated server but that doesn't mean the person who owns the bank of servers doesn't care when his costumer has an issue.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I wonder why the home page hasn't had text in a while its one major turn off and flix almost banned me for raging about it....

In any case the admin said he would send out a community wide post for everyone to see and understand what is going on.

_____________________________________________edit-_______________________

just tried to post this, either we just got attacked again or they updated something to do with the file set, everything has just been moved to somewhere else.

I will keep you informed as I get emails from the admin.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
red is gone sorry for everyone who loved him

Jake,

Thanks a lot for the heads up. We are actually working to get the site converted ASAP.

I will post an announcement letting everyone know what's going on with redrider and the site. It was about to be closed down so my little company has adopted it. Good thing we had our backups in place!

Andy

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM, jacob munoz <jacob16424yahoo.com> wrote:

I attempted to log on last night and the site came up with a splash screen with a hackers name.
I would imagine he started at some time yesterday evening or shortly before my attempt to pull the site up.
It took me a few to find your info and alert you to the situation as the registrar wasn't in red's name it was a shot in the dark
but I am glad you took the action required to fix the problem.

~jake

To: jacob munoz <jacob16424yahoo.com>
Sent: Wed, October 20, 2010 2:44:10 PM
Subject: Re: In reference to newninja.com

I just let my programmer know and he should be restoring the backup. As soon as the site is back online we will make an announcement to the community about the changes and then convert to a more secure commercial forum software (vBulletin). Do you know when the site went down?

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM, jacob munoz <jacob16424yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Andy.

I noticed the site was hacked =(, I have an account with newninja and was wondering if 'redrider' the site owner was going to be restoring the site.

I would greatly appreciate a response on this matter.

~jake

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks like they've 'by they i mean the new owners' have started tweaking already and updated our software for the site <3 them.

maybe we will actually have an interactive owner unlike red...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep, red abandoned us but who knows why, could have been a family issue.

you're welcome for the updates.

I didn't notice any new mods, I only know that I am not one so hah.

as far as the statement that red is gone, from what randy tells me it seems so. I have copied and pasted the emails here for you to view I have removed his email address for his sake as well as most of my address so bots can't spam us.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
virtualmatrix258 said:
Thank you Audi!<b> You're the man.</b> I was really paranoid seeing as though that same dude has been hacking sites since about 2006 and has yet to be caught. And like Z said its a good way to lose a tight knit group of people, and most of us knew something strange was happening when new mods have been made and Red hasn't posted in what seems to be months.
I am the man thank you :) .

Yeah I noticed that too especially when I started that thread about the situation.....

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.