Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer has started being very temperamental... It doesn't show me my displayed speed unless I've been riding for a little over ten minutes. It used to only be two minutes till it showed up, that's why It never bothered me but now it's making me nervous. Any tips or anyone have any idea what's up?

Thoughts

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
My speedometer has started being very temperamental... It doesn't show me my displayed speed unless I've been riding for a little over ten minutes. It used to only be two minutes till it showed up, that's why It never bothered me but now it's making me nervous. Any tips or anyone have any idea what's up?

Thoughts
Mount a Nuvi 50LM gps on it..

Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 50LM 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps (US): GPS & Navigation

Amazon.com: Arkon GN032 Garmin nüvi Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount -Black: GPS & Navigation

Amazon.com: ARKON Garmin Nuvi 50 Series Bracket Cradle: Electronics

NNnnnnnn....it will tell u where u are.....where ur going ....how to there there n back..... speed.....N much more....

Or bring it to dealer n let them fix it for big $$$....

:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
....My speedometer has started being very temperamental... It doesn't show me my displayed speed unless I've been riding for a little over ten minutes. It used to only be two minutes till it showed up, that's why It never bothered me but now it's making me nervous. Any tips or anyone have any idea what's up?

Do you hear a weird sound before or once the speedo starts working?

If heard anything like the speedo in this video, it was probably your speedo cable and needs a good lubing or replacement.

The inner shaft is rubbing against the metal casing and eventually could brake if not fixed. You can remove it and inspect it. Just remember which end goes to the speedo and which goes to the gauge.

If the inner shaft is broken you can replace it, however if there is damage to the inside of the cable, replace the whole thing.

Also make sure the cable is securely connected on both ends. You may also want to pull the front wheel off and inspect the hub gears (case assy meter gear) that drive the speedo. If they look worn or missing teeth, replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.