Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on fairmont yesterday on my way home from sagemont to see a friend graduate. I was in the left hand lane with a car behind, in front, and to the side of me all going about 40-45 mph. The guy driving the car to the side decided that he wanted to get over into my lane and obviously didnt care about me. So he did, and pretty damn fast too and i had to do somthing quick! I grabbed the front brake and squeeze and smashed the rear one with my foot with the hopes that we wouldnt collide and send me flying in the air! As a result of gripping the brakes way too hard i started losing control of my motorcycle and layed it over on the street. I went rolling and flipping down the slope of the ditch and my knee hit the curb on the way down and still really hurts. When i was rolling on my back i remember seeing my bike in the air, i thought it was going to land right on top of me but i thank God it didnt. Im not sure how this happend ( i must have had my eyes closed or blacked out or somthing) but i ended up on the other side of the ditch with my legs in the water, and nothing else was wet. The guywho came over into my lane didnt even stop to help.In fact only guy actually stopped, got out of his car, came over to see if i was ok. He said he stopped because he saw me ride past him and a few other cars, then the next he sees is me on the other side of the ditch tryitng to get my helmet off and the bike all messed up, he was nice guy haha! I also have to get a new helmet because when i took it off i tossed it on the other side where my bike was... and then rolled into the water and got soaked, i wasjust thinking really? i had just gotten that helmet broken in too. Other than hitting my knee on the curb im perfectly fine, no broken bones or anything. As for my motorcycle...it wasnt so lucky. The fairings are cracked and broken all over on both sides and looks like crap, the handle bars are bent down and i cant turn them to the right. The coolent drained out so i cant even start it, i lost my left front blinker, the front brakes are messed up and im sure the back one is too. The clutch lever and shifter are both really messed up and the kcikstand wont go down all the way and thats pretty much it for the external damage. I dont know what the engine is like, i have to call the insurance monday and see what they can do about it. So yeah that was my day...I would like to thank my good friend david who stopped what he was doing to come and help me. I needed someone to help and he came a runnin ( ok he really didnt run but you know). He picked me up, took me to my house got the truck and helped me load it in the back which was a bitch to get in. Then we unloaded it and put it my garage and he was on his way...so yeah that was my day, tell me whatcha think. ill try to get pics of it up when i can.

G

·
That sucks, you have to watch your own ass out there on the road cause some people just don't care.

Sounds like it's going to be totaled, but maybe not. Hopefully you can get it fixed or compensated so you can get another one. Either way you have no bike to ride now, waiting is probablly going to be the hardest part.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude! sound serious! glad that you are OK and still alive (with all the cars around you)! you must have your full gears on during it happen, right? Get well soon dude and hope that the insurance will cover all the cost..........

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I did not hear the part about you blowing the horn. It's a damn same we live in a world where someone can get killed right in front of you and no one gives a shit. Talk about being desensitized, cagers are just that. Curious monkeys on the other side of the glass cage. had the guy or gal who cut you off looked middle eastern, they'd had his ass quick. :mad:

...just my opinion

Glad your alright. thank GOD for Gear!!!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
That sounds like one helluva ride bro, I'm sorry to hear about your bike but great to hear you're okay. One thing though, did you go to the hospital? Internal bleeding can be life threatening after 2 days seriously you should probably go and get checked out.

I'm really glad you're okay, that story made my eyes bulge...ugh. Hope you feel better soon, keep a brace on that leg btw.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yeah i really didnt have time to push the horn button i kinda had to make a quick decsion. Yes I did have full gear on and this actually happend on saturday i took the this post from myspace and put it on here. I took a close look at helmet today and found ALOT of deep gashes in it so im guesing my head hit the curb or somthing but i think God that it wasnt any worse than it was. I think ill be fine if i dont go to the doctor because (im not trying to sound like wolverine or anything) but ive always tended to heal from injuries pretty quickly and i also have like really high pain tolerance, my mom said when i was 8 i broke my arm and didnt cry or anything i just came up to her and said my arm hurts and she didnt believe me until she saw my arm was bent! haha but yeah im fine and thanks guys!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Damn dude... watch that knee maybe you should get an x-ray or something but glad you're allright otherwise

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
damn man.
Glad your ok and not seriously injured.

yeh any pics?

G

·
Yeah! I remember a cager looking right at me in the far left hand lane ( I was on the freeway in LA ) and then just turn over into my lane. I had no where to go. Just like you! 150 Horse Power would have been useful right then. I realized right then that it is possible for car people to not SEE YOU! I wiggeled out of it somehow but I know what it's like a bit. Except I didn't get hurt. Just scared. Thank God for good luck it were'n't worse.
Sleepy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts