Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a whining noise coming from the gas cap, it comes and goes and when i open the cap it goes away something with the pressure or something but its getting really annoying... anyone have the same problem or a suggestion on what to do, i really don't feel like going to the dealer..thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
^haha problem solved! love it ^

i kind of like the whining sound.. course mine only does it once in a while.
its kind of cute tho, i like it think its talking.
yes. yes, im weird.

·
Registered
124 Posts
im also hearing another squeaking noise when im going around 10mph..
and when i let off the throttle and apply the brakes (im thinking front)
i hear a squaking sound from what i think is the front wheel..

my uneducated guess is that it is the front brake disk.
any advice?? thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
darkhorse posted that he found a squeaking noise coming for the speedo cable. apparently where it is bolted upto the bike, there is a small seal that if installed incorrectly (seal lip rolled over), then a squeak noise can occur. I'm not sure if this is your problem...just throwing out ideas. of course it could also be something with the brakes. does it only happen when the front brakes are applied? light vs. heavy application?

there have been some complaints about a squeak from the brakes and it seems that hard braking seems to make the noise go away, at least for a little while.

hope that helps some.

·
Registered
17 Posts
t1gawa,
That noise you hear , when rolling slow is Tiny road grime and new pad particals, trapped between the disk and the rotor, its annoying as hell I know makes the new bike sound broken, but it is NORMAL. It will eventually hit the holes in the rotor and be removed... mine did it for like 200 miles. dont worry about it .

·
Registered
84 Posts
mine bike does it too. I just noticed recently. freaking squeak sound seems to me somewhere near the front wheel. I just noticed it recently. And this sound comes when I'm slowing down at about 20 miles till full stop. I noticed also that is not about front or rear break because it doesnt matter if i'm applying brakes or release them that sound still exists! whats this?! sounds really weird as something isnt working good or something stucked somewhere and rubs itself... what is this? what to check? how to rid of from it? any advises appreciated much thanks :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
sure your not hearning things? ;)

or buy some earplugs like i have XD cant even hear the bike until 6k rpm then! :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
this has been discussed on many forums...

Squeeking noise is from the front axel being torqued to tight. Loosen check owners and retorque to factory specs. If you have a front stand pull axel and grease it with heavy grease. We like to use waterproof marine grease.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If it is a squeal you hear from the front or rear brake you will hear it going real slow and it will go away as soon as you put very light pressure on the brake. What this is, is the edge of the brake pads slightly catching the disc. There maybe also metal build up (glazed pads) on the pad itself. It's like nails on a chalkboard. There is a simple solution. Take the calipers off and with a med grit sand paper, slightly sand the surface and round the edges of the pads. The leading and trailing edges of the pads you are going to angle them down a little more. When you are done make sure you blow any dust and dirt completely out. Inspect the disc for any deep gouges that you can grab with a finger nail.Clean the disc and caliper with brake cleaner and reinstall.

If you think the squeal is coming from the speedo, unscrew the cable from the hub, shoot a little lube in the speed gear housing, slightly pull the cable down out of the sheath check to make sure the cable has plenty of lube (you add a little more if you like) make sure you note the position of the cable you may need to rotate it to get it to re-seat in the top of the speedo. Screw it back on.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The reason is because u are not driving it like u stole it. Ha
I do agree with u .. It does sound like a broken bike. I solve my problem with adding an hmf exhaust. ;)
Now intead of the squeeking sound making people turn heads, the agressive exhaust sound is doing that. Thumbs up!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
zartan is correct, it is the front axle. i notice that it goes away if i squirt some oil in there, and then the squeak is gone until i ride in the rain, and it gets rid of the oil. once i get a front stand im going to pull the axle and grease it

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd like to get this experience but honestly I'm a little bit afraid to touch anything regarding wheels or engine lets say... all of those highly important things that I consider as a base of motorcycle. Need detailed information first on "how to''. Need guide for dummies :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.