Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv had a few people that have seen me ride my bike saying i'm sitting too straight... is there a way i should be sat on the bike? Far back on the seat and leaning forwards?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Felix, i always find it really hard to stay at the back of the seat.. do you grip the tank with your legs? because i always slide forwards

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shall try that when i go out riding in a bit :)

haha yeh its more comfortable near the tank..if your at the back of the seat and break sharply it hurts!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
It depend on what kind of riding you do. If you're just cruising down a road all nice and relaxed like, then sit up straight - it takes all your weight off your wrists. If you're fighting a bad wind, I find it easier to tuck down lower. I usually adjust my riding position for my speed. If I'm doing 35mph around town, I sit right up on the tank. If I'm doing 70mph down the highway, I usually scoot back and lean forward just a little, and actually let the wind hold me up. Other than in heavy cornering, I can't think of a "right way" to sit to ride. I guess where you're most comfortable..

·
Registered
50 Posts
you got any pics of your riding position?

the people who are saying that you are sitting too far up probably don't have a ninjette, huh? they may be comparing the leaned-forward riding position of a super sport compared to our bike's more upright position. idk. just a thought.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill get some photo's sometime and put them on here. i tried felix's advice and it worked pretty well

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the freeway I've been using the passenger pegs and tucking in behind the windscreen. I find it alot more relaxing than fighting the wind. Just have to make sure that the passenger pegs dont fold up on you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
l39_pilot said:
On the freeway I've been using the passenger pegs and tucking in behind the windscreen. I find it alot more relaxing than fighting the wind. Just have to make sure that the passenger pegs dont fold up on you.
so you're like super-man-ning? lol
or, what imean is, pretty much parrallel with the ground?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Delta107 said:
Use a chair that's the proper way to sit. Whatever your comfortable with.
Hell I was going to say, "On your ass" ahaha. I read what spooph said and it makes alot of sense. When I ride 07's (trip coming up shortly too) you're almost forced upright which I dont like, I get used to the weight on my wrists other than they can lock up on me if I'm not careful and in a life or death situation you dont want that happening.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeh ive tried all of this advice and ive found a comfortable way to ride now :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha well obviously...also with a commentary using my sexy accent...apparently :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.