Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Watch out for idiots

9K views 50 replies 24 participants last post by  hi-tech 
G
#1 ·
Drivers are really getting alot more wreckless it seems now. I've been seeing people running stop signs lately, almost every day. Saw two today, in a big f**king hurry to go nowhere. God forebid you had to actually wait your turn or a whole nother 30 seconds.

And the biggest gripe I have is those cell phone jackasses. "Oh, look at me, I'm so important that I have to be in contact with everyone 24/7 no matter what else I'm currently doing ", like DRIVING !!! Watch where you're going !!!

I hate these people soo much I'll never own a cell phone, EVER !!!

#3 ·
Well I've noticed the closer to the holidays it gets, the more jerks are on their cell phones not paying attention to shit. So just be careful out there, I keep my Subrosa at work sometimes because I like to stretch my legs or go for a bite to eat without having to drive anywhere because I'm in the downtown area and I wont get anywhere. I almost got hit again by a college jerk off (pardon the language) thinking its okay to run a red and turn left. They are so lucky they speed off....

#4 ·
i dont even like to drive and talk most esp on the streets for one my car is loud so it hard to hear them and second im shifrting from first second and doing all this with one hand is no fun and i cant hold my phone against my face and shoulder since its a slider phone sometimes it will close and hang up plus i dont have many min cause im a texter hahaha and now that i ride more than i drive like 99.9% of the time i use my cell even less, i even think of you have a blue tooth while driving it distracts you because some people get into some real deep conversations and use their hands and dont think you know but its whatvere gotta live with it it will never change, people dont respect laws, or other people and it gets worse and worse i can just imagine how it will be when i have kids and they grow up how the world will be like....

#5 ·
I do talk on the phone when driving, but I focus more on the road than the convo, so it pisses people off and pretty much the main people in my life never call me now hen they know I'm on the road, and they can pretty much instantly tell then they do catch me driving haha.

#7 ·
I just wanna throw this out there, everytime someone has almost hit me or run in my lane or something, most of the time it really looks like an accident, and I do realize I'm not the most visible person out there, so I try and just throw the hand wave upthere instead of the middle finger so they know I'm alright or something and not pissed, even if I am actually pissed. I just wanna try make my image as a motorcyclist one of a nice guy who forgives mistakes, not an asshole who thinks everyone is out to kill him. Just something to think about for anybody that can make sense of this comment.

G
#8 ·
Yeah, I can see your point, If it was just bikes they were cutting off. But I see all these dumb moves when driving my jeep.

When I ride I'm in evade move, when I drive I'm in cruise mode so I see everything.

#9 ·
i read some article on cell phone usage and driving some years ago.
using blue tooth or speaker phones or whatever doesn't really help that much. it's distraction that affects judgment and reaction. and it's funny everyday i get off work, i smoke in my car before i take off...i see almost everyone gets in their cars, start their engines and start calling someone before they move out of their stalls...weird...

#10 ·
ccy said:
...i see almost everyone gets in their cars, start their engines and start calling someone before they move out of their stalls...weird...
I never talk in a parking lot or anything other than cruising down the highway. I just don't like the Idea of my arm being up there where I can't swivel my head immediately to check my blind spots.

#11 ·
Best thing I've seen so far was an older sheila holding a folded newspaper infront of the right side of her face as she passed me waiting at a T intersection without lights, I was on her right side so the whole time I was just thinking WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

#13 ·
CSBrad said:
I just wanna throw this out there, everytime someone has almost hit me or run in my lane or something, most of the time it really looks like an accident, and I do realize I'm not the most visible person out there, so I try and just throw the hand wave upthere instead of the middle finger so they know I'm alright or something and not pissed, even if I am actually pissed. I just wanna try make my image as a motorcyclist one of a nice guy who forgives mistakes, not an asshole who thinks everyone is out to kill him. Just something to think about for anybody that can make sense of this comment.
I agree...
I was riding pretty slowly through a downtown area and I was just behind a car in the lane to the right of me and I could kindof tell that he was going to move into my lane. I kept a safe distance, but I couldn't drop all the way back cause there was another car behind me. He slowly came toward me and I almost thought he was trying to push me out of the lane, but all of a sudden he swerved back into his lane and sped up until we hit a red light. I thought about honking, flipping him off, etc...But then he rolled down his window and yelled, "I"M SOO SORRRYYY!" I just waved and yelled "It's all good, just pay more attention next time man."
I don't think he would want to pay more attention in the future if I had pissed him off...I think we need to show respect to every rider and every driver on the road, even if we don't get respect back.

#16 ·
lol...i was driving a friend like years ago and we bought fried chicken to eat on our road trip...someone honked at her (she was driving) saying she is slow or something...she slowed down and let that guy passed....and as he passed, my friend pulled out a few chicken bones and threw at his windshield...
we were all shocked...but lol afterward....

#17 ·
I was waiting at a red light in the right lane and glanced down for a minute. All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye I seen a set of car tires come within 2" of my right foot. The guy then keeps glancing back at me in his mirror while his is waiting (practically in the middle of the intersection) for the light to change. I've debated carrying a good size rock or something to chuck through the next guy's rear window who tries to kill me.

G
#26 ·
Or you could just do the "Office Space" kill the copier dance on his face after yanking him out the car window, die muther f*cker, die muther f*cker, die. haha

"If it's you're first night at Fight Club, you have to fight"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.