Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone that says you don't have to remove the gas tank to do the spark plugs, I invite you to stop by my house and recieve a dropkick to the mouthpiece. I'll sell this bike before I do the spark plugs again, ridiculous.

Ok so maybe I'm being dramatic but that was way more of a bitch than I expected. Any other bike I've done plugs on had to have the side plastics remove AT MOST.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has ever said about being able to change the plugs without removing half of the bike! Others might disagree, but i'm pretty sure what you have done is the only way to do it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol no Super Sports yet. I googled and searched a few forums just to see what I was getting into, a few posts said you didn't need to remove the gas tank and one guy even said he did it all from the left side by just taking the left fairing off......ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
It can be done from the left side. The hardest part is getting the boots off. It does require a little work, a good plug socket and patience. Once the plug is loose, you have to remove the ratchet and take the plug out by hand. ( a little manual dexterity is a must)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'm still on the original plugs... 44K and counting. I just make sure they're gapped properly with every valve adjust... Why waste money? If there is still conductor, I say keep going...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.