Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to the ride I'll be joining on Saturday. Weather forecast is for mostly sunny, about 18 degrees. Should be a good turnout for a great cause. Pics to follow after, of course.

Trooper Wilson was a soldier from my town and is one of 143 Canadian soldiers killed in Afganistan. Not looking to stir the political pot here on the forum, but I think we can all agree on the need to support the men and women who serve and remember those we have lost.

http://www.beltdrivebetty.com/calendar/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=4650

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I'd love to be on that ride Boar, but might be a little hard to get there on time!!

I've seen a signature for a kawiforum member that I think sums everything up well!!
"Those that don't stand behind our troops, are more than welcome to stand in front of them"

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Awesome boar, wish I could attend. I wish there were more benefits for all troops serving, wounded, and KIA. Its good to see this, its a positive outlook on a dire situation.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Sweet, bring back pics Boar! Good on you man! Always love to see the troops supported, and to honor those who are no longer with us...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great day. Weather was a mix of sun and cloud, about 15 degrees, moderate winds. All in all very nice. About 200 riders showed up (only three sport bikes, myself, a Yamaha FZ6R, and a 20 year old Honda CBR 900RR) The route was a nice tour down to the North shore of Lake Erie. I showed up alone as all my regular riding buddies were unavailable, but I soon hooked up with a group and found we had some mutual friends. So off we went, 2 snazzy Harleys, a Suzuki Intruder, a Yamaha V Star riding 2 up, the CBR 900, and me. We made three scheduled stops to draw cards for the poker run - my hand was terrible. And we stopped at the Legion in Port Stanley for a quick drink.

Back at the Vet Hospital at the end of the (about 150km) ride, there was a BBQ lunch, bands, military displays, lots of vets, and a wreath laying ceremony in honour of our fallen local hero, Trooper Mark Wilson. Not a dry eye in the house when his parents layed a wreath for their son just after the wail of the bag pipes trailed off.

On a particularly sad note, the Canadian Military death toll has risen since I started this thread, to 144. That fallen soldier, Private Kevin McKay will return home in the next few days.

As much as the day marked the remembrance of those who gave all, it was also a celebration of friendship, comradeship, and the love of motorcycles shared between veterans, friends, and supporters. It was a great experience. Enjoy the pics:

1st C.A.V. - rider organizers

Represent

My group

Yeah, that's a real dog in the purple box...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts