Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a junk food carnivour. But I think it is time I start to be more responsible with what I eat. For a lot of reasons I am thinking of going vegen. Any one have any advice?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Go vegetarian. Lacto/ Ovo with fish occasionally. Vegan will kill you after awhile I know from experience. Plus having to eat spirulena is kinda gross. With vegetarian then you can have the best of both worlds. Generally just cutting back on yor red meat consumption to once a week or less will greatly improve your health. Eat healthy all week then be bad once a week. Minimize your cheese intake as well other wise rollie pollie is in your future.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I agree with ztrack. Scale it down. first month, limit red meat to once a week. Second month, cut it out complete. Third month cut out eggs. Fourth month cut out milk, etc, etc, and see how your body responds.... If you make it all the way hard core Vegan, you got more willpower than me... :p Keep us posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ehh, I couldn't do it, nor would I want to. But good luck, just take it slow and eat things in moderation, exercise is often just as important and you need it to be fit too remember.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the help. My motivation is primarily that the food I am paying too much for is making me feel sick after I eat it . I am not in bad shape or in danger of getting the rollie pollies. I am an ex bicycle racer . My wife is the best female ultra long distance cyclist in the U.S. So we both need to eat properly . But more than that I love animals and don't like the effect the dairy and poultry industry is having on the environment. I am not trying to save the world or anything . I have a new job and eating at fast food restaurants everyday cant be good. Problem is My wife dose not eat sugar and carbs are limited . I don't eat my veggies at all so this is going to be a bit of an effort . But I want to at least make the effort . Moderation is the key to everything (except top speed on a motorcycle of course) so I will make different choices at the grocery store and see how that goes.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
oils and vinegars, and all kinds of fun salad types of dressings make the veggies so much better! :D

I once ate myself sick on party platters with all kinds of vegan things on it but no tofu or soy... I despise both, and I know a person can go vegan without having to subject themselves to those hideous things... :D

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I know vegans who are and have been for 20+ 30 years. Very healthy and it is just the way of life. I eat meat. My friend never picks on me for it. I would miss cheese the most. Maybe start with cutting out yummy french bread and go with more chick and fish first. add in some brown rice and veggies. Don't just jump in, you will be miserable. Baby steps :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Maybe look at a de-tox style diet too, once you get all of the nasties out of your system, then you can strt rebuilding from a fresh base. But be careful, they can cause severe and quick weight loss, and send you to the toilet very quickly and often!!! Maybe talk to your doctor and get some advice or a nutritionist.
Have Fun!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a start I am going to try to only eat food that dose not come with a label on it. Tonight we had a whole wheat pizza with tomato garlic onion grilled pepper artichoke harts and ricotta cheese with some grilled chicken . It was great and I am stuffed.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Haha!!! that actually sounds nice!!! but you can keep the artichoke!!! I would have added either bacon or salami, but that goes against what you're after!!!

G

·
Little forestland creatures are yummy, we like to eat them, munch munch. ;D

Roadkill is stinky, go grab a shovel DOT.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
opossum the other white meat

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To show the "possum" it COULD be done....

·
Registered
161 Posts
My general rule for food is if you don't prepare it yourself chances are its not super healthy. God I love funnel cakes. Oh I have a cheese cake with my name on it. Artery clog anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Whats a funnel cake???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts