Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you feel you could benefit from a carb cleaner, try Seafoam or Techron Concentrate.

Add 1 oz per gal to your tank. Use fresh 87 octane, without Ethanol if possible, and always keep the tank as full as you can. Use Premium fuel only if it's the only grade without Ethanol.

Jay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the carbs that iam trying to spray, oh ok gotcha! My bikes been sitting for a while with no gas so I had to buy some and it won't start up it sounds like the carburetors aren't getting the fuel? I should also try the seafoam I hear that alot, and full the gas tank

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sitting with an empty tank is bad. Condensation forms and rust starts. You may have to drain the tank before adding new fuel and cleaner.

The fuel in the float bowls eventually evaporates and guns-up the jets - that's why draining the bowls is a good idea if it's going to sit.

If you are really lucky the cleaner will open them up. With new fuel and cleaner, crank for 10 seconds and wait for 30 before doing it again. Charge the battery for an hour or more after a few tries. It takes vacuum (from cranking) to open the petcock and let the new fuel start to flow. Even if it doesn't start, letting it sit overnight after cranking may help.

There may be no other alternative except pulling and cleaning the carbs. You can try new fuel with cleaner, but if it's really gummed-up they will have to come off.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.