Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having difficulty uploading my new videos from my new camcorder. I take a 6 min. clip and it takes over 1 1/2 hrs. then I give up and cancel it, it's like it just won't finish the upload. It might be a size issue or too much detail, I don't know. Frustrated that I have videos and can't get them on.

I have a canon fs100 that records to a sd card.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Size of the files?

Also try the new beta uploader, It has a progress bar so you can tell if its working or not.

Also note; YouTube says videos can sometimes take up to 7 hours to upload, So try starting an upload before you go to bed, then checking it that morning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just checking the file sizes.

WOW !!! I knew it had to be something like that. My old cam vid. clips range from 22-50 MB and the new cam vid. clips range from 200-400 MB, no wonder it's impossible.

I guess uploading hasn't caught up with camcorder tech yet. It just sucks that I have videos and can't post (share) them.

Yeah, I tried the beta and 1%-2%.............................................................................................

Might have to go back to the old cam or post 30 second clips. It sucks when you wait forever to upload a clip and then it says sorry and rejects it, pissed.

·
Registered
646 Posts
YouTube has a 1gig file limit I believe, So 400MB is quite doable. Depending on your net speed its just going to take awhile.. Unless your Korean anyway.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
yeah the best thing to do would just be to leave it to upload before you go to bed (like ratty said) because your upload speed probs isnt that high.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Judging by the date you posted this, youtube was undergoing some changes so that may have been the culprit behind it all. I couldn't do anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get screwed on uploading a lot, like when it gets to the end and you think it's finally finished I'll get an error message saying it couldn't . Well, thanks for nothing, f**ckers, I feel like saying.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
You can get used to that considering every popular website loves the fame and internet traffic, plus the money they get for advertisement. Funny thing is with all the money their pulling in they never want to upgrade to larger servers, and better 24/7 tech support. That is why I dont use that ulcer called myspace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts