Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I might have a guy on the internet willing to swap his extra bike ZX600 out for my EX500, since he is considering just turning the ZX600 into a stunt bike. I'm really interested and this is the picture.

Looks great, will have to see it in person to really determine the state.

Feedback to keep me grounded to reality is very much welcome.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Well it's great u may get the bike u want.....
U have some riding experience now under ur bra so u'll be fine.....
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Myself.....
I just ordered anutta rear tire n have a buncha maintenance to be done....
Gunna be down 4 a few weeks....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope the insurance doesn't sky rocket by switching to this bike.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My insurance on my 93 zx6e is only 30 a month so I'm interested to see what the 1100 will run and the 250 I may text the guy for the vin to run by my agent for a quote on if and the 1100... But back to the topic your bikes in the same gen as mine so I don't picture it being that expensive what zx6 is it c,d,e, or r? And when my carbs aren't gummed up I love it FYI all your parts are special order and eBay is helpful hell they told me they had to order the 160/60zr17 rear tire for like 140 I found a set on eBay front and rear 1500 miles for cheaper than that shipped came off a 2013 bike!! But I love the 600 and that Corbin seat is like a form to ur cheeks much more comfortable than stock the 1100 has one I'm ordering one for my 600 seat Alone is 329!! Keep us posted

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shouldn't change much seeing u already had a 500.....
Now if u wazzz upgrading to a liter bike it'd probly go up....some...
The 500 is like $95 every 3 months, which is quite redculous.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car is at almost $80 a month, I never really drive the car (Owned it since 2008, when I bought it used at 14k miles, odometer is only at 53k miles currently.), no accidents, no tickets ever. Caught in an insurance scam I guess? Only reason it is about $80 is because I have my father listed as the primary driver, otherwise I'd be paying over $200 a month (No joke). I tried selling the car multiple times and nobody seems to want it.

I still say charging extra on insurance based solely on age and not driver history is age discrimination.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if it is a C, D, E, or R? I asked, and I'll know when he replies to my email. I do know it is a 1995 ZX600, beyond that not really sure about the specifics.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
....Feedback to keep me grounded to reality is very much welcome.
Nothing wrong with upgrading. However, the fact that the guy says he wants to stunt this spare bike, makes me wonder if he already has or not. Hint: black fender, red bike. Only one pic? How many miles? Why trade for a 500 when you can get a good price for it used if it's in perfect running condition? Is he the original owner? Just something to think about.

Reality is the maintenance and up keep on this bike will multiply your current motorcycle financial upkeep woes 2x. (2 more carbs, one more set of brakes, more valves, 2 more plugs, more expensive tires, one more brake line, more oil, more insurance, etc.... mo money, mo money)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
Nothing wrong with upgrading. However, the fact that the guy says he wants to stunt this spare bike, makes me wonder if he already has or not. Hint: black fender, red bike. Only one pic? How many miles? Why trade for a 500 when you can get a good price for it used if it's in perfect running condition? Is he the original owner? Just something to think about.

Reality is the maintenance and up keep on this bike will multiply your current motorcycle financial upkeep woes 2x. (2 more carbs, one more set of brakes, more valves, 2 more plugs, more expensive tires, one more brake line, more oil, more insurance, etc.... mo money, mo money)
Prime example my 93 zx6e tires special order 300+ rear tire special order fuel pump 200 special order carbs got gummed my old carb guy wanted 349 to clean 40 to sync my new carb guy he's cheap but loves doing it on the side right after I put the carbs on my stator goes special order going to eBay scared to call the dealer

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't heard back from the guy, I'm assuming he lost interest? I guess I'll just keep my 500 then. Too bad, I was really hoping to get a 600.

The 600 has 26k miles on it and it a '95. You guys are right, I probably should just hold off for now, I have a working bike, it isn't boring and runs reliably on the cheap side. Now to swap my 500's exhaust out with a stock set and fix the speedometer light.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I still say charging extra on insurance based solely on age and not driver history is age discrimination.

I think they should charge by the mile. Not sure how they would meter it, but i only put about 5k a year on my car. I'm paying way too much for how little i drive the thing. 2007 civic and i just broke 30k.

Back on subject though, I think passing on the bike was a good idea. Finish this season w/ your 500, use the winter to shop the ads and go from there!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I think they should charge by the mile. Not sure how they would meter it, but i only put about 5k a year on my car. I'm paying way too much for how little i drive the thing. 2007 civic and i just broke 30k.

Back on subject though, I think passing on the bike was a good idea. Finish this season w/ your 500, use the winter to shop the ads and go from there!
I think she needs a good used 10R.....
Then she'll have plenty of bike n not have to keep upgrading....
:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.