Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys long time no chat. I upgraded back in March to the ZX-6R. It's so awesome :eek: but always much respect to the little 250. ;D

Anyway here's a couple pics of the new beauty. I would upload more but its to much work to downsize all my pics. If you want to see more check me out on YouTube... "DarkFlight600".

I'm also taking video requests to help new riders with their questions. Send me a topic request for a video or just a question anytime.
Safe riding to you all and hope to hear from some of you soon

Cheers
DF600......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elq1Jydem6g

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
100% RESPECT when I see one on the road or in a parking lot.

1. I don't recall you getting a zx6r hi-tech.
2. This forum seems to be turning into more of a retired 250 riders club than anything else. lol, sort of.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Crispy said:
100% RESPECT when I see one on the road or in a parking lot.

1. I don't recall you getting a zx6r hi-tech.
2. This forum seems to be turning into more of a retired 250 riders club than anything else. lol, sort of.
+1, all i ever have to look forward anymore is Spooph hitting 100,000 miles, Racer X setting a land speed record, Delta being a suer cool, super helpful and LOYAL 250r owner and forumette, and lastly finding new riders/active members to post up about their awesome 250's mods, stories, and more!

I mean don't get me wrong, I feel it is quite inevitable we all move up to larger bikes unless there is a specific reason to keep your engine cc s low, e.g., living in Indonesia and taxing problems, but I wish some of you would keep your ninjas!

I do, as well, see myself upgrading to a zx6-r, z1000, or perhaps a ern6 versys or the great 650R, but I feel I will only do so when I have the funds to keep both bikes or truly feel a bigger, faster bike would significantly benefit me.

The ninja 250 is still a sportbike and furthermore a racing bike, a higher top speed in public street driving isn't so necessary now, is it?

:(

EDIT: MOST OF MY VIDEOS ARE GONE, BUT I DO HAVE FIVE OR SO VIDEOS LEFT AT:

YOUTUBE.COM/GRANDORI2

Subscribe and leave comments!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
It tis sad, isn't it Blackout?

I actually wanna downsize... :D

http://www.britonbees.com/motorcyclettes-models-MotorDrone.php

Funny about all these fast bikes... I can just shake my head.

I've ridden a Daytona 675, a Ducati 916, a ZX-9,10 and 6R in the last 2 weeks. I have to say, I just don't get it. I guess I'm stupid.

I have to say though, the Ducati was hella fun! It felt like a proper motorcycle, vibes, sound and just straight up hooligan (it isn't stock by a long shot). Not "proper" as in the 250 isn't proper, but rather, the others listed aren't "proper", they're some sort of scientific bastardization to make motos docile. Motos should be savage, they should tear you apart if you don't treat them right. 150 was fun. Coming down to 65 before the cop clocked me was even more fun. Just toodle on by with one hand and watch him pull out and follow to the gas station where I pulled over and waited for him to pass. After which I went back to the owner's house and he was all kinds of freaked out and worried if I got a ticket and such. I told him no worries, and now he knows why I ride a 250.

mmm mmm mmmmm mmmm, I love my 250! :p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Awww thanks blackout.

Next summer is going to be fun. I want to start doing track days/races. I would love to get enough support here in Colorado for a 250 race club. Saving up for some leathers and a new exhaust cause I kind of gave it a worn look. Lol I personally love the 250. Does exactly what I wan when I want. Plus I feel special when I can just run the crap out of the bike. I would love kawi to make either a 350cc or 400cc that would be nice. Plus being a 16 y/o when I first got the bike you can't beat $30 bucks a month for insurance and $10 to fill up the gas tank.

I also agree with Spooph, just don't get it!!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Gee whiz, you're making me feel bad about getting a new bike!

To be fair, I didn't want a faster bike, I wanted a different bike. And the Versys is exactly that. I loved the 250 and loved to prove just how capable it was every chance I got. I miss it and I always will a bit.

That aside, congrats on your bike Newf, it looks great!!! Have fun.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow I come back with one post after a year and look at the controversy I'm causing....LMAO

First I too always picked up for the 250 and proved it's capabilities every chance i could. I still speak highly of it now with guys on much bigger bikes who laugh at me most times. I still defend this bike.

Secondly I cant see how anyone can crap on ZX6R, or say they dont get it??
holy crap this bike is sooo amazing in so many ways.

The main reason I got rid of the 250 was due to LACK OF BRAKING POWER WITH A PASSANGER. Frankly the bike is to small to ride 2 up. I was almost killed on a couple of occasions. Also what about the stunters, a wheelie on a 250 just doesnt have the same appeal. Then theres sound, my ZX6R purrrs like nothing you ever heard, frankly you wouldnt hear a 250 running next to mine...LOL :-* It's not all about speed, the extra power can keep you safe too you know. However can deny when a macho dick pulls up next to me in his facy $70,000 Corvette or Shelby Mustang and I leave him in the dust on a little $12,000 bike......YEAH THAT FEELS AWESOME ;D

Anyway i could go on but I wont.... i love the 250 always will. I also love my new ZX6R and cant see how anyone wouldn't see the appeal. Think some people just refuse to see the 250's limits. YES IT HAS LIMITS GUYS!! :eek:
Safe riding guys and hope no one takes this the wrong way.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi-tech said:
yup its been a good while. march huh? i like my bike better. hehe

Hey Hi-Tech, what do you like about yours better??.... ???
how plain it is compared to mine, the 2007 models glitches or those weak BattlAx BT-015's you got....(HEHEHE) ;)
only teasing man, nice ride you got too!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
ninjafreak said:
Hey Hi-Tech, what do you like about yours better??.... ???
how plain it is compared to mine, the 2007 models glitches or those weak BattlAx BT-015's you got....(HEHEHE) ;)
hahha. good one. no problem at all on my bike. remember who had a problem with the clutch. just kidding man. i bet that was some scary thing while ridding. i see the lights on the zx. what u got on it? u have other pics. i think its missing something. like a glow on the ground in the middle . or it just maybe the pictures

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No your right the glow in the middle down below is missing. I left it off because I thought it would be over kill ( to "fast and the furious" for me). I just wanted to accent the red theme on the bike. Yeah your right I was the one with problem...ha ha
Do you wheelie though?
I got other pics but the bike is best seen in my YouTube videos......adding a walk around this week.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Freak, sorry dude, didn't mean to come off wrong. I didn't mean to knock your bike at all. Ha ha, it's really funny that this came up again. Long story truncated: a friend lets me ride his 2008 ZX-6R, and in turn, rides my 250. He got all confused and stuff with the GP shift and was WAY behind in the twisties. Anyways, when we first started riding together, I told him I'm not allowed to have a bigger yet, because I'd get into too much trouble. that was quite a few months ago. Today he tells me that indeed, I know myself well, I'm not allowed to have a bigger bike yet.

Freak, I say that because I know what you're talking about. The power, the supreme suspension, and excellent brakes. I completely agree, the ZX-6R is an absolutely brilliant bike. What I "don't get", is how you can have one on the street. On my ride home I was well into the triple digits, adding an extra 20mph from the 250's speed in corners and just being stupid. Why, cause I can, and I can get away with it. Why can't I slow down? Because the bike begs me not to. Every 100 revs it says: "common spooph, you know you wanna", and then I twist the throttle, and it jumps above 9K, and I'm in absolute ecstasy 3 gear up, each at red-line, the bike rewarding my enthusiasm and passion with solid feedback and cheering me on to go faster.

Then I remembered my friend, on my 250. And I'd have to pull over and wait for him to catch up. And while I wait, it sinks in. I could have died there, there and there. Or worse, I could have become paralyzed and such.

So, again, I'm not knocking your bike or big bikes in general, Freak, you've done an especially great job on it! I just don't get how you guys can stay cool enough to stay alive on the street with those things. Like I said, I don't get it. Live long and prosper, eh?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Spooph, I understand what your feeling totally and I'm not upset dude. Everything you described I feel every time I go out. I push the bike hard but never out ride my ability. I have NEVER maxed out the bike yet. I'm 32 years old and thankfully only got this bike now. If I was 19 I may be dead now. I have a mature sense and value my life. You can die on a 250 also don't forget. Everyone loves to prove their little 250 is not slow, and often find themselves doing over 100kmh. Hit a tree or guard rail at that speed and see what happens, doesn't matter what your riding then.
I just love being able to stop now when I push the envelope a little. No offence taken I appreciate your point. As far as the 250 out corning a ZX6R....we'll that has a lot more to do with rider skill as well.
We all know how nimble the 250 is, and our biggest argument has always been how it can out corner a bigger bike. (I argued this many times)
However now I realize most guys riding bigger bikes cant even get their knee down and probably started on the bigger bikes. Therefore they will lose to a 250 in the corners.
However I've seen guys who can ride them. There is NO WAY I COULD EVER CATCH THEM ON A 250, corners and all.
Check out these vids and see if you disagree....
Always much respect for you Spooph, your a legend dude.
~DF600

VIDEO ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: PROPERTY OF NICKGNAIME
SUBSCRIBE TO: NICKGNAIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruc_RghwXS0#normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYfpE3kUYk

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Freak, I agree. You can die on any bike, if you're stupid enough.... Currently my dream bike a worked-over Ducati 916... maybe in 2 years if the current owner still owns it. Those vids look like Cali. I'm assuming those are not you since you gave credit to somebody else...

And you're absolutely right, there is no way I could keep up with these guys on my 250, but then again, most of those corners are triple digit corners, and those vids scare me a bit..... Riding over the double yellows (the passing doesn't bother me), and just the consistence sketch nature that this obviously experienced rider throws around. The bike is so empowering that I feel I would the exact same thing if I owned one....

Now give me some tight twisties, and sure, I'll spank 'em. These 600's are happiest above 90.... The 250 is happiest under 90. I can get away with that every day during my commute. :p

So thanks Freak. BTW, after the whole trip with Felix, I have a massive traveling itch to scratch. What's the best time to visit Newfoundland?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts