Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets just say this first of all.. I am a NURSE... i don't do this and i don't recommend other people who aren't good with little things to do this.

Sooo i literally just finished installation about 30 min. ago.. it's now 12:16am in Nebraska. lol

I started yesterday evening at about 5pm and stopped at 8pm, then continued today from 8pm til now.

FIRST... you have to take off both side fairings to be able to take off the front fairing/headlight.

Then.. you unbolt the 4 bolts holding the headlights in.

Get a hot gun and start heating the crap outta that headlight assemble, pry it apart with a flat head screwdriver ( you'll mess it up a little bit, it did)

Once you've got the 2 pieces apart, you can now put in your angel eyes/ccfl's.  This was the really hard part, the proxy glue they gave me didn't work worth a crap, so I went to my local Wal-Mart and got some better stuff that worked a million times better.

Anyway, this was really hard, in the process of holding the ccfl level you have to glue it.  Before i tried to put the lights in, i drilled a hole right in the middle and above the crease of the chrome inside.  that's where my wires exited.

I the put silicone around that, then put the 2 pieces back together by heating up both pieces with the heat gun for quite a while, I pushed them back together really hard so they were back in the normal position then put sealed them back together with black silicon to be on the safe side, I would recommend doing this.

Then drilled a hole in the other piece of the headlight(the back if you will)  before I put them back together, put more wires through there.  I also mounted the transformers to the back.

Then i connected the ccfls to the transformers with the "good" proxy glue as well and they are like cement on there.  I then wired in the ccfls to the low beam light. 

I really don't recommend anyone doing this.  To me I didn't think the work was really worth it and in the day light they really do look like crap because that glue runs on the inside and I thought I was really hard.  If you have the patience, go for it, but I don't lol. 

Sorry I didnt take more photos but yeah I was  a little angry.  Oh and I changed my oil fine, but when i went to change the oil filter the bolt was stripped from the guy who had it before me.  WHAT  A JERK!!

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt134/m87nol/angel%20eyes/?albumview=slideshow

I got the WHITE ones.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Re: new angel eyes installed

They look green in the picture. I've always wanted angel eyes, also If you unplug the right light bulb you can just have your angel eyes on. Then if you need a beam, turn on your highs and that will be your low beam.

they look good

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Nice write up. Was the front fairing hard to removed.. That is one thing I have not done yet..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

not too bad to remove, pretty easy in fact. you just have to remember where all the bolts go. I have extra laying around that i can't find where they came from.. so be careful with that.

·
Registered
874 Posts

GetSilly said:
not too bad to remove, pretty easy in fact. you just have to remember where all the bolts go. I have extra laying around that i can't find where they came from.. so be careful with that.
true that.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

Silly, you rock! Great job. I know you were frustrated and it was late, but thanks for posting it up! Oh, and don't let anybody give you any crap, ever. A woman who wrenches on her own bike is good in my book, and if she hasn't knocked the bloke out who gave her a hard time herself, I'd happily do it for her! Keep on makin' it happen!.

·
Registered
874 Posts

spooph said:
Silly, you rock! Great job. I know you were frustrated and it was late, but thanks for posting it up! Oh, and don't let anybody give you any crap, ever. A woman who wrenches on her own bike is good in my book, and if she hasn't knocked the bloke out who gave her a hard time herself, I'd happily do it for her! Keep on makin' it happen!.
You go spooph!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well i finally re-did the angel eyes and wired then to the low beams and wired the low beams to the high beams to where they only come on when the high beams do.. looks pretty good. and i also put in new back blinkers... saving the side ones for when decide what i wanna do with the paint job.

Check it out

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt134/m87nol/updated%20angel%20eyes%20and%20blinkers/?albumview=slideshow

sorry if you all were waiting long, i had to upload and edit

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks good Silly Girl! That is a lot of work for the Halo's, sucks that you cut your finger. Your fender mod looks similar to mine, I have pictures under the mod section somewhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i think they may be the same or very similar.. i got mine off of ebay but mine are just amber.. i wish i would've found the leds...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts