Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I would like to do my first oil change on my 250r but unsure if purchasing a rear wheel stand lift would be the correct route to go to for such a job?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
That's exactly what you need and once you have one it will be very usefull for other maintenance, especially clean, lube and adjust chain.

Lots on the market, I'd go for one that needs spools, I just prefer the security of the way it holds the bike as opposed to those that craddle the swing arms.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
You don't need a rear stand to do an oil change, but without one you'll be sitting on the bike for about 20 minutes not doing anything waiting for the last little bit of oil to drain out. With a rear stand it's just so much more convenient.... :D I have a T-Rex, Power Stands, and have heard good things about most stands out there. The biggest factor you're going to want to consider to decide between a $75 and $150 dollar stand is adjustability. Do you want to buy one stand now that could probably work for all the bikes you'll own over the years, or do you want to go the cheap route with something specifically tailored to the 250....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.