Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following a car on Saturday around 7:45pm when some dumb ass saw us coming and cut her off by pulling out of a gas station. I saw that happening so I started braking and changed lanes. The lady who the other driver cut off slammed on her brakes to avoid rear ending them. When that happened it put me right beside her and then she came over into my lane. I did all I could to avoid her by getting as close 2 the curb as I could but she still clipped me. The lady that hit me stopped but the car that caused the whole accident stopped for a second and once I was done rolling I saw them pull off. Which sucks cause I could've been dead and even though it is considered the lady that hit me fault, they are still the ones who caused the accident. But I hope that shit at least teaches them a lesson (but I doubt that it will) I was wearing my helmet, jacket, and gloves so the only thing wrong with me is road rash on the legs. I feel like my gear saved me cause because the back part where the armor is on my jacket is all scraped up. I was only 10 minutes away from my house and was just out on a 15 minute trip, so this has taught me to ALWAYS WEAR MY GEAR!!!!!!! So please everyone take that same advice because I know I would always wear my helmet and gloves but I wouldn't always wear my riding jacket.

AND DELTA NO I DON'T HAVE PICS OF THE BIKE (HAHA). But I'm sure they will total it cause the left fairing in the front is all smashed in, mirror is gone, blinker is gone, tail section is gone, front peg and gear shifter is just hanging and both seats are rippeed with gashes missing.

I just thank god that I'm alright just minor injuries compared 2 what it could have been because when I stopped tumbling I was only a few feet from a telephone pole. I just hope this lady had insurance. The police said that she did so I have to get the police report and if everything works out I will be getting a 600. And my girlfriend is upset with me cause first thing I told her was I'm going to get another bike. But I know she will never get back on it, Nor will she let me take our kids for a ride on it anymore. (Which Sucks A Lot) My kids just happened to be at my mom's when it happened and I wouldn't let her tell them cause I didn't want them to panic (they are 9 & 7) so when I came home I told them.

One last thing and sorry for the long post. The EMT guys told me that I'm the luckiest Cager/Bike accident that they have seen. They were expecting me 2 be critical when they got there. I was trying 2 stand up because the only thing that was hurting was my leg but the 6 people that stopped to check on me wouldn't let me. It's amazing how nice some people are in a world where it seems that everyone is out for themselves to stop to help/check on someone that they have never even met.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad to hear you are ok. Even though I also drive a car myself, I never trust anybody else at an intersection or looking to enter into traffic. If I see it up ahead I immediately start backing off of the throttle, because people have a bad habit of waiting till the last second to make driving decisions. I also try to never drive too close behind any vehicle without having an area (lane , shoulder, accessible sidewalk ) to get too. I can not begin to tell you how many people have pulled out or pulled over in front of me without looking or seeing me. I see them though and when they don't, they get the car horn from a bike!!
When you get your 600 remember to practice, practice, practice. most don't handle as easy as the Ninja. Consider yourself blessed by what the EMT said. I see a whole lot of 600+ riders with no gear on other than a helmet. (t-shirts, shorts, sneakers, no jackets, no gloves, no boots, no skills and no common sense)

Heal fast. Summer is a coming!!!!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
RD423 said:
AND DELTA NO I DON'T HAVE PICS OF THE BIKE (HAHA).
Am I that predictable? jeez lol

Well I'm glad you are ok. People are assholes and always will be. And Karma is a bitch, the asshole will get his........ just we never have the pleasure of actually witnessing it. Sucks I know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully everything works on in regards to the Insurance Claim. If you need help let me know since I am an Insurance Claim Adjuster. I hope you get better soon. I had a buddy who was in a bad accident on a bike and ended up having to have surgery on his arm and now has a metal plate in his arm. So you will be just fine.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I feel for you, totally sucks to crash your bike. Their will be a bright side just wait for it.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Glad the gear did its job, its ashame someone would drive off after something like that, I was there a year ago...bastards. I'm glad there was decent people to help you out and make sure you were okay. As for the bike, if your insurance company decides to total it than use that money to upgrade to a 600 if you feel fit to. Not all is lost here, just takes time, patience, vicadin and healing :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing that sucks is that I only had liability, so that is why I have to wait to get the police report to make the claims so I can get the ladies insurance information.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Blue Ghost said:
If you only had liability, it would be best to get yourself an attorney so as not to get screwed too much.
I agree with BG on that one, hell my mom had an attorney and she was fully covered when her and her car got smashed into a little cube.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Bad news RD. Hope you heal up well and get paid out fairly for the loss of your beloved Ninja. Always a sobering reminder of the danger. Glad to see that your spirit continues to soar and you're eager to get back in the saddle. Ride on.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
glad to hear you're OK dude! A good educational experience, had you been hurt worse, it would have been a tragic experience.... :p Good luck with the new bike and such! Keep us posted eh? And don't go disappearing on us just because you're 1 bike down.... :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Unbelievable RD, I'm glad you're ok though!
One thing to ask, does your insurance company know about any modifications you have done? Reason I ask this is because insurance companies will bend over backwards to avoid paying out on anything if they don't know about a mod. They will try to turn it around on you saying a mod made you harder to spot for example.
Remember one thing - CYOA - Cover Your Own Ass!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
RD423 said:
The thing that sucks is that I only had liability, so that is why I have to wait to get the police report to make the claims so I can get the ladies insurance information.
It is not required for you to have the police report to report the claim to the insurance company. Trust me I know since I work in the that great job of being an adjuster. Make sure that they send somone out to inspect your bike. Make sure you get your bills and records from the hospital as well... Let me know if you need help

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
xprincess0312 said:
It is not required for you to have the police report to report the claim to the insurance company. Trust me I know since I work in the that great job of being an adjuster. Make sure that they send somone out to inspect your bike. Make sure you get your bills and records from the hospital as well... Let me know if you need help
Yeah I just didn't have the ladies insurance info. But I actually called her last night and got it. So I actually called in to her insurance last night. But the thing that sucks is that they said that as of right now until they do their investigation and get her statement that they are not accepting liability (But I guess that is a standard saying) But the lady acknowledged to myself and the police that she did hit me and she doesn't seem like the type to lie so I think everything will be fine. If not I will be getting a lawyer. They said they will be sending someone out to take a look at the bike and they will call me first.

And thanks everyone for your concern...It sucks cause I haven't been able 2 go 2 work cause it hurts like a bitch to walk. I guess from where it's starting 2 try and scab over it's tightening up my leg. I'm in the process of trying 2 find some1 with some crutches 2 let me use so It is easier to get up and go to the bathroom and stuff.

·
Registered
142 Posts
RD423 said:
Yeah I just didn't have the ladies insurance info. But I actually called her last night and got it. So I actually called in to her insurance last night. But the thing that sucks is that they said that as of right now until they do their investigation and get her statement that they are not accepting liability (But I guess that is a standard saying) But the lady acknowledged to myself and the police that she did hit me and she doesn't seem like the type to lie so I think everything will be fine. If not I will be getting a lawyer. They said they will be sending someone out to take a look at the bike and they will call me first.

And thanks everyone for your concern...It sucks cause I haven't been able 2 go 2 work cause it hurts like a bitch to walk. I guess from where it's starting 2 try and scab over it's tightening up my leg. I'm in the process of trying 2 find some1 with some crutches 2 let me use so It is easier to get up and go to the bathroom and stuff.
Yeah the " We are not accepting liability " is a required statement that we have to say if we do not have the statement from the person who has insurance with the company. Once they get that and the report they will let you know .

Hope you feel better

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.