Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
jcw307 said:
So I have an under glow kit on my 07 zx6r and I have it connected directly to the battery.... And if I don't start my bike for like a week my battery dies. How do I fix this
I ran my LEDs from the battery to a power switch which I wired through underneath my passenger seat. I can send you pics if you want.

·
Registered
615 Posts
jcw307 said:
It's not always on but a guy said then will constantly be pulling power . And please send pics
That is true, because it is directly hooked to the battery it always draws a current, even when the lights are "off", ill send pics once I get out of work and the sun comes up .

·
Registered
615 Posts
I attached a few pictures to show what I mean. You have to go buy a small switch from an auto store (about $5.00). Wire everything up to the switch and then run the switch to the battery. Honestly, the location I have my switch is the best spot for it (I did trial and error for about a half hour to find the cleanest looking, most fitting location). Also, be sure to wrap the bottom of the switch with electrical tape before putting it in location because there is metal underneath the passenger seat that will spark if you don't (also learned that through trial and error). Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Hand Finger Thumb Nail Gas

Basic switch from auto store. About $5.00.

Hand Automotive lighting Gesture Finger Thumb

Wrapped in electrical tape because there is metal under passenger seat.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Best location for switch to go. (It won't fit properly on the other side).

Motor vehicle Revolver Automotive exterior Gas Automotive lighting

If you wire it through the this hole, the wire is the perfect length to reach the battery.

·
Registered
615 Posts
jcw307 said:
That's sweet. S do you have to flip the switch when your not using it?
When I'm not using the I switch the switch to "off". This prevents drawing a current from the battery. When I want to use the lights or my bike won't be sitting too long without being used, I turn the switch "on". Then to turn on the actual lights I use the remote provided with my kit.

So to clarify, even though the switch is in the "on" position, the lights do not necessarily have to be on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have neons on my bike. I installed the lights then ran them to a kill switch which on the "gauge" plastic area. The switch goes to the battery and the lights. When the switch is off the lights get no power / no drain. There is a Youtube video of a guy doing this with red lights that breaks it down really good step by step (dont remember the name)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.